L1a - I-140. Case status question

Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Walkerhome is an unknown quantity at this point
Question L1a - I-140. Case status question

I have spent a while now looking for an answer to my question with no luck ...hoping someone can assist.

My husbands company has confirmed they have applied for premium processing and the 1-140/1-485 has been filed concurrently. ( Husband is on L1a visa )

We have been given a receipt number by his company to check our case status. It has been received on the 19th March and the "acceptance" point on the site is now blue (Initial review, Decision & post decision activity points are still showing grey ). Husbands company say they haven't heard anything to date.

Is this correct for premium processing? If so what can we expect as our next step?

Hoping someone can shed some light...

Thank you
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1a - I-140. Case status question

Originally Posted by Walkerhome
I have spent a while now looking for an answer to my question with no luck ...hoping someone can assist.

My husbands company has confirmed they have applied for premium processing and the 1-140/1-485 has been filed concurrently. ( Husband is on L1a visa )

We have been given a receipt number by his company to check our case status. It has been received on the 19th March and the "acceptance" point on the site is now blue (Initial review, Decision & post decision activity points are still showing grey ). Husbands company say they haven't heard anything to date.

Is this correct for premium processing? If so what can we expect as our next step?

Thank you
You should have heard back by now. Premium processing has the advantage of being able to email questions to the PP unit. The company or their attorney can send an email inquiring why the PP case is stalled.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

One more thing - just curious - what immigrant category? EB1-C (often used by those on L1A visas) does not have premium processing.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i-...essing-service
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

airbusfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Assuming, your husbands company has applied for Eb-1C, I-140 filed for EB-1C is not eligible for premium processing.

Also, the USCIS case status updating is not the most reliable. Sometimes it will be approved and you'll get your green card and still the case status would show "Initial Review"

Most likely, if everything is okay, it'll go straight to card/document production ordered for I-485 and your I-140 will show as pending. Theoretically, I-485 cannot be approved without I-140.

Looking at the current processing times, it will take about 6 months to get your card. Don't sweat!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:09 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbusfan
Assuming, your husbands company has applied for Eb-1C, I-140 filed for EB-1C is not eligible for premium processing.

Also, the USCIS case status updating is not the most reliable. Sometimes it will be approved and you'll get your green card and still the case status would show "Initial Review"

Most likely, if everything is okay, it'll go straight to card/document production ordered for I-485 and your I-140 will show as pending. Theoretically, I-485 cannot be approved without I-140.

Looking at the current processing times, it will take about 6 months to get your card. Don't sweat!
Also, the I-485 does not get premium processing.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Confirmed that it is Eb-1C that is being applied. We received an email informing us today (!) that this is not eligible for premium processing.

So i guess we just wait to see if any questions come back from the initial submission? and then the next step would be?
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... and then the next step would be?
Whatever the next step is!

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Helpful!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Helpful!
The point here, is that your next step will depend on what happens with respect to the current step. Since you don't know how the current step will play out, you can't know in advance what the next step will be. Once the current step is sorted, your next step will likely become self-evident.

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

airbusfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Confirmed that it is Eb-1C that is being applied. We received an email informing us today (!) that this is not eligible for premium processing.

So i guess we just wait to see if any questions come back from the initial submission? and then the next step would be?
Your husbands company's lawyer should have really given you a step-by-step breakdown of the process.

Anycase, since it's a concurrent filing, you'll receive a notice of appointment to the nearest USCIS Application support center for them to take your fingerprints and photographs. Once this step is complete, you wait for their decision or RFE in the next 3-4-5-6....months.

Hopefully all is good in your paperwork and there's no RFE or you don't have a name similar to someone on their watch list and they you don't require extensive background processing and you get your cards in the next step.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

a good reason to read every thread...I was just going to go

er no PP onL1a/EB1c and then read the rest..........

airbusfan has it spot on

fingerprints first
then wait
then decision or RFE

we got an RFE after about 4-5 months or so IIRC, mainly because our lawyer did a poor job, so we changed lawyers and answered I think after 2 more, then waited another 5 before we got approval .

expect it to take at least 6 months maybe a year
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your help. Answered my question.
Old May 9th 2014, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Just received the i-797 Notice of Action , Notice type Approval notice I140. I am advised by the Lawyer that she is a little busy next week ( of course )but will contact us the following week with regard to the adjustment of status applications. She had previously confirmed that she had filed concurrently.