moving from Scotland to America

Old May 9th 2014, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

kat1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving from Scotland to America

Hi There - we are new to this site ! I was wandering if anyone can advise me if they think this is possible - my husband is a joiner, im a photographer so not exactly "professional" jobs - we would love to move to America with our 2 children . we have very dear friends there and possibly the offer of a job . our friends are happy to sponsor us . so does anyone think it is possible for this to happen , the us embassy website is so overwhelming - im hoping someone can advise us on if they think its possible and also what type of visa we need to apply for . we are going over there next week for a holiday - is there anything we can do over there to help this process ? thankyou xx
Old May 9th 2014, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving from Scotland to America

Originally Posted by kat1977
Hi There - we are new to this site ! I was wandering if anyone can advise me if they think this is possible - my husband is a joiner, im a photographer so not exactly "professional" jobs - we would love to move to America with our 2 children . we have very dear friends there and possibly the offer of a job . our friends are happy to sponsor us . so does anyone think it is possible for this to happen , the us embassy website is so overwhelming - im hoping someone can advise us on if they think its possible and also what type of visa we need to apply for . we are going over there next week for a holiday - is there anything we can do over there to help this process ? thankyou xx
I don't know what a joiner does. If you are well known in your field of photography, you might go for an O visa, but you needed aUS employer to sponsor you. What is the job your friend is offering? Does it require a degree, and do you have a degree in that field?

Take a look at the BE article called Pulaski's Ways....it lists all the visas to the USA.

Rene
Old May 9th 2014, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know what a joiner does. If you are well known in your field of photography, you might go for an O visa, but you needed aUS employer to sponsor you. What is the job your friend is offering? Does it require a degree, and do you have a degree in that field?

Take a look at the BE article called Pulaski's Ways....it lists all the visas to the USA.

Rene
Thankyou for your reply - well my husband is a fully qualified joiner ( carpender ) my husband is being offered a job as a joiner ( carpender ) over there !! X
Old May 9th 2014, 7:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your holiday. There will be no visa.
Old May 9th 2014, 7:24 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to happen based on what you have said I'm afraid. The US, despite it's reputation, is one of the most difficult places to get a visa to live and work.
Old May 9th 2014, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kat1977
Thankyou for your reply - well my husband is a fully qualified joiner ( carpender ) my husband is being offered a job as a joiner ( carpender ) over there !! X
Unfortunately carpenters do not qualify for a work visa. Lots and lots of carpenters in the US - some of whom are out of work due to the downturn in the housing market.

To clarify, the prospective employer needs to apply for the work visa. This takes time, effort and money. Jobs need to be of the level to qualify for a work visa, so the majority of visa are issued to those with high technical skills (think IT), managerial/engineering or executive level.
Old May 9th 2014, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou for your replys - I appreciate that x
Old May 9th 2014, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You sure he's a carpender?
Old May 10th 2014, 12:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
You sure he's a carpender?
As much as I enjoy raking newbies over the coal, I'm not sure that even I would make sport of someone's grasp of the language!

Ian
Old May 10th 2014, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As much as I enjoy raking newbies over the coal, I'm not sure that even I would make sport of someone's grasp of the language!

Ian
I thought it was an American accent.
Old May 10th 2014, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
I'm genuinely curious as to why she writes it this way, and twice in a row. No offense intended.

It may be a mobile device with a small keyboard, or writing in the dark or something, but I am genuinely curious.

Sally's suggestion even makes, some, sense

Last edited by Hotscot; May 10th 2014 at 12:51 am.
Old May 10th 2014, 12:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

EB3?
Old May 10th 2014, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
No offense intended.
Yah, right! If you were truly curious, you would have actually asked why she wrote it that way... but you didn't, and now you're simply trying to extricate yourself from being called on it.

Ian
Old May 10th 2014, 1:02 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

At least OP knows what a Joiner is. No offence Rene
Old May 10th 2014, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yah, right! If you were truly curious, you would have actually asked why she wrote it that way... but you didn't, and now you're simply trying to extricate yourself from being called on it.

Ian
No, I'm not trying to do anything. I don't care that much.

Clearly my comment shows that I'm asking why she wrote it that way.
However I suppose I could have been more gentle.

Oh well.

(Still, mildly, curious though. Especially as she took the time to give it as a definition of "joiner".)

Last edited by Hotscot; May 10th 2014 at 1:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.