L1-A to Green Card

Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1-A to Green Card

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
what do you mean?
See here.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marocco
See here.
sorry but I did click in the link it still doesnt answer my question, unless im not looking at it correctly
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
sorry but I did click in the link it still doesnt answer my question, unless im not looking at it correctly
You are not. That page lists Employment Based Immigrant Visas.
When the bearer arrives to the US, they are admitted as a Permanent Resident.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi meauxna
Ok I read the link but that wouldn't apply for new office L1's that was the point I tried to make but got writers block! Lol
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:53 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

our L1A to GC took about 6 months in 2009.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of the timeframe it took them to go from L1B to GC - either via L1A or directly...

Cheers,

Doug.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dougster75
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of the timeframe it took them to go from L1B to GC - either via L1A or directly...

Cheers,

Doug.
It's probably better to have that in an L-1B thread, Dougster, or start your own. A little searching will probably reveal an answer too.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

gregandcaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: L1-A to Green Card

I am looking into converting my L1-A visa to a green Card and wondered if anyone has the steps i need to follow and also what documents need to be completed please to achieve this goal? Any help will be most appreciated.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregandcaro
I am looking into converting my L1-A visa to a green Card and wondered if anyone has the steps i need to follow...
First step: tell your L-1A sponsor and hope they go for the idea... because that's where the process starts.

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:43 am
Just Joined

gregandcaro is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks. Fortunately I have that one agreed, but now need to know what forms to complete and which steps to follow to get this sorted. Any suggestions of where to start please?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

This is not as easy as people think. Make your life easy and get a top lawyer on board. The cost is minimal in the big picture....
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:31 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCynick
Once you get the GC then you are eligible to work for any employer (apart from jobs for which only USCs are eligible, of course).
Carefully.
Carefully.
Carefully.

The way people get snagged on this is LESS at green card time -- the green card has already been issued when you change employers, right? -- than at naturalization time. It goes like this:

"So, ABC, Inc. sponsored you as a multinational executive?"
"Yes."
"You got your green card in June 2010?"
"Yes"
"And when did you join XYZ Ltd?"
"Oh, in August 2010."
"So: when you did the adjustment of status for the green card, based on ABC, Inc., I think you never had the intention to work for them. You just used them to get your green card. I think you've committed fraud."

Go ahead: explain yourself.