L1-B Whats my chances?

Old May 15th 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Brioss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1-B Whats my chances?

Hi All,

This is my first post, but I have been studying these forums for months and very useful they are.

Here is the background to where I am at, I have been working in the UK for a US company for 10 years. I started as a Field Engineer, then the Senior Field Engineer and for the last 4 years, I have been the Area Technical Manager for 4 years. I have 17 direct reports.

I have now been offered the same job in Florida, I would cover the whole state of Florida and Puerto Rico. The company will be applying for an L1-B.

How likely will I get this approved? also, I don't have a Degree.

Its hard to get too excited, not having any idea how successful my visa application will be.

Thanks

Brian
Old May 15th 2010, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1-B Whats my chances?

Originally Posted by Brioss
How likely will I get this approved?
very likely
Old May 15th 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

If you are also going to have direct reports in the US, I would ask them to check if you meet the requirements for an L1A rather than L1B. If you do then decide to stay longer term it makes it a smoother path to a green card.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Brioss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Socal Local
If you are also going to have direct reports in the US, I would ask them to check if you meet the requirements for an L1A rather than L1B. If you do then decide to stay longer term it makes it a smoother path to a green card.
I got an L1-A approved today, booking interview tomorrow, happy, sad & scared at the same time.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brioss
I got an L1-A approved today, booking interview tomorrow, happy, sad & scared at the same time.
Good luck! I came in originally on the L1-A and the interview wasn't at all taxing - although the wait at the Embassy was LONG!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Have a search on here for posts about interview experiences - lots of people have written them up in detail and it is good to know what to expect. In general the interviews for L1s seem to be pretty brief.

Exciting times ahead - good luck!