L1 B visa denied! Devastated

Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:53 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 B visa denied! Devastated

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
The visa petition they *say* they used. I would ask to see the denial paperwork.
Agree. I think it's crystal clear no paperwork has been submitted. The fact the words 'your visa was denied' have been used (without attending a consular interview) tell us everything we need to know about this case.

Last edited by hungryhorace; Apr 10th 2013 at 6:58 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
The visa petition they *say* they used. I would ask to see the denial paperwork.
done that sir. thks.

wouldn't it have been easier to say I didn't get the job rather than the hiring manager stating he really wants me to work in his team.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

another thing, they haven't even asked for my passport.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:11 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
another thing, they haven't even asked for my passport.
How many times? They HAVEN'T submitted anything to either USCIS or to the US Embassy for you. They've lied to you. Sorry.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Richard M. Wilner is an unknown quantity at this point

Al,
The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)--the U.S. appellate agency with jurisdiction over decisions from the Service Centers where apps are filed--has issued 2 recent decisions this year already pertaining to overturning L-1B denials. Both cases were originally denied because the beneficiary was purported to lack s/k. One decision was dated 20/3/13 and the other 19/3/13. Both of the underlying negative decisions originated from the California Service Center. I would respectfully suggest that you encourage your global mobility team to reach out to their counsel, which I trust is top notch, and ask them if they are aware of the decisions. I'm new to the forum so I don't know how (if possible to post pdfs) of the decisions themselves so if you can hit me up with the info on how to do that, I'd be glad too.

Luck and regards
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

done that sir. thks.

wouldn't it have been easier to say I didn't get the job rather than the hiring manager stating he really wants me to work in his team.
In many instances, the Line of Business people have no control over the egos and agendas of HR which are often at cross purposes with the business. You need to get support from more senior managers to push the business needs rather than whatever it is that motivates HR.
BE Enthusiast

Do you have an official link stating an interview is required for an L1B company transfer please?

cheers
Banned

There was no decision from USCIS. The OP has stated the company used a blanket petition, which would mean the FIRST AND ONLY TIME he knew he had had his visa rejected would be AT INTERVIEW with a consular officer of the US Embassy.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:15 pm
Banned

http://london.usembassy.gov/nonimmig...interview.html

"Applicants aged 14 - 79 are required to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer through a pre-arranged appointment. "

How many times are you going to attempt to convince yourself you haven't been lied to by your employer?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Richard M. Wilner is an unknown quantity at this point

The only time a degree is an absolute requirement for an L-1B is if under a blanket L-1...as alluded to above
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:18 pm
Banned

Surely that should be for the CO to decide (ie, I can't find a specific rule that a degree is an _absolute_ requirement for a successful L1 blanket). The OP's employers hasn't even allowed him to be put forward for it.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Richard M. Wilner
Al,
The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)--the U.S. appellate agency with jurisdiction over decisions from the Service Centers where apps are filed--has issued 2 recent decisions this year already pertaining to overturning L-1B denials. Both cases were originally denied because the beneficiary was purported to lack s/k. One decision was dated 20/3/13 and the other 19/3/13. Both of the underlying negative decisions originated from the California Service Center. I would respectfully suggest that you encourage your global mobility team to reach out to their counsel, which I trust is top notch, and ask them if they are aware of the decisions. I'm new to the forum so I don't know how (if possible to post pdfs) of the decisions themselves so if you can hit me up with the info on how to do that, I'd be glad too.

Luck and regards
many thanks for that.
if I can get an official report from HR (would be good to have for future reference if i ever need to apply again),I will ask them to contact this agency to try to resolve it.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
http://london.usembassy.gov/nonimmig...interview.html

"Applicants aged 14 - 79 are required to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer through a pre-arranged appointment. "

How many times are you going to attempt to convince yourself you haven't been lied to by your employer?
Thanks. Gathering all info.

Is this interview taken before any decision is made? I'm assuming yes.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm looking at our embassy U.S Montevideo and cannot see anything about an interview like on the London site but I imagine that is a global stipulation.

http://uruguay.usembassy.gov/visas-n...sferees-l.html

ah maybe herenot sure if its for company employees or individuals though.

http://uruguay.usembassy.gov/visas-g...nfo-howto.html
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:52 pm
Banned

Thanks. Gathering all info.

Is this interview taken before any decision is made? I'm assuming yes.
Correct. The interview with the CO is the final step in the process. It's they who have the final decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.