British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   L1 B visa denied! Devastated (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/l1-b-visa-denied-devastated-793488/)

DavidLemon Apr 24th 2013 1:38 am

Re: L1 B visa denied! Devastated

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 10675210)
yes you may be right:p
been busted!

Better pack my office box!

LOL dont worry your secret is safe with us :)

That said if it is the company im thinking of they have quite an extensive careers page, including postions back home in Blighty.

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 2:08 am

Just out of curiosity if an individual petition is filed and a premium processing fee is paid (if available for individual) what is the usual time for processing to acceptance?

Is there also much of a price difference between the blanket and individual petition?

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 2:10 am

Originally Posted by DavidLemon (Post 10675213)
LOL dont worry your secret is safe with us :)

That said if it is the company im thinking of they have quite an extensive careers page, including postions back home in Blighty.

my wife loves Boston. Would be great to get a job in a certain office there!:thumbup:

DavidLemon Apr 24th 2013 2:24 am

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 10675238)
my wife loves Boston. Would be great to get a job in a certain office there!:thumbup:

It is nice, and the location to which I think you refer is very nice. Had a tad of a rough spot recently, but back to normal now...

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 2:30 am

Originally Posted by DavidLemon (Post 10675247)
It is nice, and the location to which I think you refer is very nice. Had a tad of a rough spot recently, but back to normal now...

wasn't to do with the marathon was it? We have a friend living there who normally runs it but missed it this year.

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 2:33 am

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 10675236)
Just out of curiosity if an individual petition is filed and a premium processing fee is paid (if available for individual) what is the usual time for processing to acceptance?

Is there also much of a price difference between the blanket and individual petition?

What is the normal time to process each one? Just want to see how much BS they were telling me in regards to some points I was not too aware of.

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 11:46 am

Not over till the fat lady sings!

watch this space! (senior level could well be investigating the fishy smell!!)

alfista1 Apr 24th 2013 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist (Post 10652005)
I smell a rat. Is there anyone senior that can fight your corner for you?

maybe so now.:thumbup:

alfista1 Apr 25th 2013 4:10 pm

Are the costs of the blanket and individual petitions the same? application fee + fraud fee + 2250 Border Security Act fee.

I can't seem to find where it clearly states the differences. For me they appear the same.

Thanks

retzie Apr 25th 2013 8:58 pm

You have to remember that they have already paid the blanket fees. In other words, although it did cost money at the time, there is effectively no fee to hire new people onto it now. However, for an individual petition, they would need to pay the fees now for the benefit of you alone.

They are no doubt balking at forking out $$$ just to hire you.

alfista1 Apr 25th 2013 9:09 pm

Also in addition to the question above I have been doing some intensive research into the legal documents to see where the attorney's are coming from.

Specialized knowledge professional - 9 FAM 41.54 N7.2-3 Specialized Knowledge Professional Capacity(CT:VISA-1569; 10-04-2010)
A specialized knowledge professional must possess the special or unusual
knowledge specified in 9 FAM 41.54 N7.2-2 above, and be a member of a
profession as described in INA 101(a)(32).

These professions describe you must be qualified in the post you are applying for. i.e. Business Analyst - Business management/economics or IT degree.
OR 12 years of experience.

Ok so this leaves the individual petition with no doubts.
Just special skills and non-professional.

alfista1 Apr 25th 2013 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by retzie (Post 10678757)
You have to remember that they have already paid the blanket fees. In other words, although it did cost money at the time, there is effectively no fee to hire new people onto it now. However, for an individual petition, they would need to pay the fees now for the benefit of you alone.

They are no doubt balking at forking out $$$ just to hire you.

ah very true. yes you have a valid point. cheapskates. multi-billion dollar company and how much would this cost them?

the application fee - 190 or so
2250 - for the size of company
500 - fraud fee

anything else apart from the attorney which I assume they are in house attorney's anyway?

Noorah101 Apr 26th 2013 12:09 am

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 10678778)
ah very true. yes you have a valid point. cheapskates. multi-billion dollar company and how much would this cost them?

the application fee - 190 or so
2250 - for the size of company
500 - fraud fee

anything else apart from the attorney which I assume they are in house attorney's anyway?

Attorney's fees will be the most costly expenditure.

Rene