L-1B Visa Extension

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-1B Visa Extension

Originally Posted by joyceygreen
You're right it is quite a drive, but a good op for sightseeing and the company will pay for petrol, hotel etc. Airfares x 4 would be a nightmare right now! However, London is looking like a strong possibility at the moment, so a good chance for some grub and to see the family!
heheh.. well, I've done it many times from Oregon, so I could conceive of doing it from California, but PA?! But I love a road trip, so heck yeah, go for it if London falls through. Vancouver is one of the prettiest and neatest cities out there. And you can pick up many of your Brit goodies there!

There's a very funny campaign on now, relating the tale of The Slog, the longest 3 hour drive in American history. Have a peek for a laugh.
(I'm particularly tickled by the 'I-shouldn't have')
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

PA to Toronto isn't that far...?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
PA to Toronto isn't that far...?
How many times did I just read 'Vancouver'?
omg

Who was the old lady character who used to say 'Never mind' with that pruney face?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - I only ask because I'm moving to PA and I just looked up a trip to Toronto, which I worked out would take about 4 hours drive.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:59 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of

Ooooh errrrrum, I wasn't going to say anything cos her being a Moderator and all...but yeah, Toronto is not far from where we are, West Chester PA...the next is option is after June 08 when we move to San Francisco, which is about the same to Vancouver. The other option, involving food and family is of course...London. However I was voting heavily for Bermuda, but hubby and his boss declined...

Maybe there IS a plus to having to leave the country to get the Visa renewed!!

Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:11 pm

Ooooh errrrrum, I wasn't going to say anything cos her being a Moderator and all...
Hey, we get senile too!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:25 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of
Talking Re: L-1B Visa Extension

Your cat looks like she should come with me to San Francisco!!! She looks wild & free....
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Who was the old lady character who used to say 'Never mind' with that pruney face?
Gilda Radner as Emily Litella, on SNL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afi2xeM5ZSI.

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Gilda Radner as Emily Litella, on SNL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afi2xeM5ZSI.

Ian
Preeee-Zacly! I love Gilda, how could I have misplaced that (uh oh, senile again)
karma'd!

Your cat looks like she should come with me to San Francisco!!! She looks wild & free....
hee hee.. you should see the whole shot.. she's got a bikini! I think she *would* enjoy the city (that is where I'm from & I'm wild n' freeeee, right?)

Well, The Slog was still funny. And you *did* say Vancouver. Right, doc, right???
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:45 pm
joycey

I have some great meds!...I just think cats, small dogs and puppies are adorable!!!! Cos you can dress them up! Your cat looks just so cool and comfy in her own fur.....and bandana! I just know she belongs in CA!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

mark_c is an unknown quantity at this point

If I may 'piggy back' on this question, I have a similar situation...

A colleague is now in LA on an L-1A visa, which expires in April. We are submitting the renewal petition, and in Part 4 of the form (I-129) we're asked to name the consultate to be notified if/when the petition is approved. When the original petition was successful, he and his family had to go to the Embassy in London to actually get the visa. My question is: as this is a renewal, and he and his family are already in the US, does he definitely need to go to an Embassy overseas to renew? Could he stay in the US for the next year (for example) as long as next time he leaves the country he returns to London (with family?) to get the new visa put into his passport? Or will he have a time limit after the petition stage to attend a consulate to deal with the DS-156?

He's in a similar situation where he doesn't want the expense of an unnecessary trip back to London, especially with two small children to consider!

Also, I wasn't sure from the posts above if it's definitely OK for a British citizen to renew in Canada (or some other country). I think he'd rather a trip to Vancouver than London, but would this be OK? I can't find out from the Vancouver consulate website whether they'd do this, and whether they'd be OK to post the new visas to a hotel address (obviously he'd have no permanent/registered address in Canada).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Mark
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:20 pm
joycey

Hi Mark, We asked that question to our Visa Attorney and he said that some Consulates do it e.g. in Canada, but it would be best for us to go back to London as they have all our paperwork etc. What we didn't want is to be stuck in Vancouver or Toronto (which were the cities that we thought might be viable), if the Visa's arn't ready.

We are close now to securing our trip home in April and when we ring to make the appt at the Embassy, we will let them know that we have to return by such and such a date (no doubt they will want to see proof of our return flights). I am very sure that they are used to people popping home to get their Visa renewed.

I have not had any response from anyone that has done a third party renewal in Canada as yet...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

You can do them in some Embassies other than the one of your nationality, we did ours in Amsterdam but that was because we lived there at the time. Being British was irrelevant though. I guess you have to check with the one you want to use.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

mark_c is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

While I think on... If you get your extension approved, but haven't left the country to get the visa extended/renewed - how do you get your driving license renewed? As you have no valid visa, you cant prove that you are in-status...

Or am I missing something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.