Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Kentucky Congresswoman... worthless!!

Kentucky Congresswoman... worthless!!

Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kentucky Congresswoman... worthless!!

If you live in Kentucky, and you write your cogresswoman and ask for assistance about Immigration issues, be sure to get a letter back from some "staffer" saying that she can NOT help you, not even with a phonecall. She can't help in any way.

Why not change her website then, which states that if you need Immigration assistance, to just contact her.
I bet she didn't even see the letter.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:28 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Why not print out the web site page where it says she will help and send it all back.

Maggie
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kentucky Congresswoman... worthless!!

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
If you live in Kentucky, and you write your cogresswoman and ask for assistance about Immigration issues, be sure to get a letter back from some "staffer" saying that she can NOT help you, not even with a phonecall. She can't help in any way.

Why not change her website then, which states that if you need Immigration assistance, to just contact her.
Dutchman,

This is disturbing, as I live in KY also. What congresswoman did you try to contact? Ann Northup? I was told to contact her office by phone if I had issues or wanted them to do an inquiry.

Sunny
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

I'm not in Kentucky but I had a visa inquiry previously and phoned my senator's office. I ended up in contact with one of the staffers who was a liason with immigration. I was given here direct number and found that she was very easy to deal with and very helpful. I deffinitly think that calling is the way to go. Generally they like to keep their constituents happy. Best of Luck!!!

MarDae
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

I contacted Ann Northup (as well as my 2 senators) during my I-129F process. They did an inquiry for me and mailed me a letter stating the BCIS processing times and there was nothing they could do to have my case expedited. Fair enough.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

If your congressperson won't help......call one or both of your Senators.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:39 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dutchman,

What kind of help did you ask for? Or were you just trying to get information?

Leslie
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's a case of she doesn't want to help and not can't help you. For example, her politic view might lean towards anti-immigration.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Dutchman,

What kind of help did you ask for? Or were you just trying to get information?

Leslie

Hi Leslie,
Wy wife wrote the Congresswoman a letter, asking if there is anything we can do to speed up the process.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Dutchman,

This is disturbing, as I live in KY also. What congresswoman did you try to contact? Ann Northup? I was told to contact her office by phone if I had issues or wanted them to do an inquiry.

Sunny
Hi sunflwrgrl13
It was Ann Northrup.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Hi Leslie,
Wy wife wrote the Congresswoman a letter, asking if there is anything we can do to speed up the process.
Why do you think yours should be speeded up at the expense of someone elses slowing down? Just wait your turn like everyone else has done.
Only one good thing ever came of KY and that is I-71 all the way to COLUMBUS, OH!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Why do you think yours should be speeded up at the expense of someone elses slowing down? Just wait your turn like everyone else has done.
Only one good thing ever came of KY and that is I-71 all the way to COLUMBUS, OH!!!!

Maybe he just wanted to speed up the process in general (for everyone), don't get your knickers in a twist BritishInOhio!!

Dutchman,

I think maybe she was just being honest in her reply.
The politicians can't help too much until there is a "problem" and they don't consider the process being slow a "problem". Even though we know it is a BIG problem. I think that they could have shown a little more sensitivity to your inquiry though.

Good Luck,
Leslie
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he just wanted to speed up the process in general (for everyone), don't get your knickers in a twist BritishInOhio!!

Dutchman,

The politicians can't help too much until there is a "problem" and they don't consider the process being slow a "problem". Even though we know it is a BIG problem. I think that they could have shown a little more sensitivity to your inquiry though.

Good Luck,
Leslie
Exactly. I was told the same thing by Ann Northup and both my senators. It's not that they do not want to help, it is that they are unable to. BCIS has posted processing times that everyone has to equally deal with.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:53 pm
Mrtravel

dutchman2001nl wrote:

> If you live in Kentucky, and you write your cogresswoman and ask for
    > assistance about Immigration issues, be sure to get a letter back from
    > some "staffer" saying that she can NOT help you, not even with a
    > phonecall. She can't help in any way.
    >

What was the issue you needed help with?
If it is simply because the process is slow, they might not be able to
help, it is too slow for most people.

Old Oct 17th 2003, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dutchman,

Good Luck,
Leslie
That's right.... we were only asking general questions.
I wish I could just wiggle my nose and that all of us would be with eachothers partner.. In the right order ofcourse :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.