Just Around the Corner...

Old Feb 21st 2001, 4:55 am
Scoobydumb

Hello People.... I have popped in and out seeking advice and it has been quite helpful.

From my past posts, I stated that I am planning to get married in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Well, My fiancée and I started the learning process and filed all the necessary papers
and now we are just moments away from our shared dream. We were completely able to
by-pass a few large steps in the process from ZAGS in Russia. I never had to be present
to start the 32 day waiting period! I would be more than happy to share our steps with
anyone else who is going through these same steps. I purchased my Round trip ticket from
Expedia.com from Detroit to St. Pete. 572.00 on Northwest/KLM. direct flight. not bad...
I am leaving this Sunday the 25th. Our wedding is set for March 3rd. No Problems what so
ever!!! Now after the marriage is where I draw a blank on what is next...???

Can anyone who has gone through the process in Russia please share with me what we will
have to do after the Wedding. I know we then go to Moscow and register the Marriage. Then
my wife will have to under go a Physical... And.. I am lost after that... We were told
that it will take about 30-90 days to get her the visa she needs to come home with me.

What extra paperwork's should I bring with me? Copies of Passport, Birth Cert... Can
someone give some advice to me? I would really appreciate it. I only have a few days to
go.. ) And When I am there.. Its too late to say OOPS! I forgot that one.. )

Thanks so much again...

Old Feb 21st 2001, 11:14 am
Alvena Ferreira

see this URL: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/dcf.html

Please also e-mail me the steps that your fiance took to get the ZAGS waiting period
waived, I want to post this on my website.

alvena

Scoobydumb wrote:
>
> Hello People.... I have popped in and out seeking advice and it has been quite helpful.
>
> From my past posts, I stated that I am planning to get married in St. Petersburg,
> Russia. Well, My fiancée and I started the learning process and filed all the necessary
> papers and now we are just moments away from our shared dream. We were completely able
> to by-pass a few large steps in the process from ZAGS in Russia. I never had to be
> present to start the 32 day waiting period! I would be more than happy to share our
> steps with anyone else who is going through these same steps. I purchased my Round trip
> ticket from Expedia.com from Detroit to St. Pete. 572.00 on Northwest/KLM. direct
> flight. not bad... I am leaving this Sunday the 25th. Our wedding is set for March 3rd.
> No Problems what so ever!!! Now after the marriage is where I draw a blank on what is
> next...???
>
> Can anyone who has gone through the process in Russia please share with me what we
> will have to do after the Wedding. I know we then go to Moscow and register the
> Marriage. Then my wife will have to under go a Physical... And.. I am lost after
> that... We were told that it will take about 30-90 days to get her the visa she needs
> to come home with me.
>
> What extra paperwork's should I bring with me? Copies of Passport, Birth Cert... Can
> someone give some advice to me? I would really appreciate it. I only have a few days to
> go.. ) And When I am there.. Its too late to say OOPS! I forgot that one.. )
>
> Thanks so much again...