help needed

Old Feb 21st 2001, 10:21 am
kevin taylor

Hi im in need of some help

ive been married to a usa citizen for 1yr now we went to apply to file all the papers but
some bills came in so we did not file papers then we had a bad patch in our marrige and i
cam back to uk was staying in nc now i wish to go back to usa i over stay my visa wavior
by 8 months can anyone advise me of what my next move would be

can i get back on a plane and go back to nc and file papers there or do i have to
file them here

any help would be great

thanks kevin

Old Feb 21st 2001, 12:04 pm
Andy Platt

Sorry but you have triggered an automatic three year ban on visiting the US. Additionally
you can never use the visa waiver again. If you patch things up with your spouse and they
file an I-130 for you there is the *possibility* that you would get a waiver of the three
year ban but it is not a sure thing (or perhaps even likely).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Hi im in need of some help
>
> ive been married to a usa citizen for 1yr now we went to apply to file all the papers
> but some bills came in so we did not file papers then we had a bad patch in our marrige
> and i cam back to uk was staying in nc now i
wish
> to go back to usa i over stay my visa wavior by 8 months can anyone advise me of what my
> next move would be
>
> can i get back on a plane and go back to nc and file papers there or do i have to file
> them here
>
>
> any help would be great
>
> thanks kevin