Wikiposts

Job hunting makes me unhappy

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:13 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job hunting makes me unhappy

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

I think everybody in the world should spend a year waiting tables (instead of military service or something) and then maybe they'd be nicer to waitresses in restuarants. I can't STAND classless people who bitch at waitresses.
Roland, I feel the same way about retail. I used to work in a department store during uni and feel that everyone should at least spend a year in that position as well. There are so many people out there that can be rude, quite demanding, and a pain in the ass to people like me who are only trying to do their job. Now I understand I was in a position to serve the customer base but there are cases where you find yourself catering to them like they are Donald Trump. Some are curt. There are those that don't really appreciate what you do. Maybe I was asking too much from my customers. Who knows. However its no fun being berated at. I always said, if they had my job for a week then they would understand. A year is better so they'd have a variety to deal with.

BTW, Roland, my mom was a waitress when she was going to uni and would say the same thing.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
BTW, Roland, my mom was a waitress when she was going to uni and would say the same thing.
Bleedin servers (PC) always want to join my table for a chat ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Roland, I feel the same way about retail. I used to work in a department store during uni and feel that everyone should at least spend a year in that position as well. There are so many people out there that can be rude, quite demanding, and a pain in the ass to people like me who are only trying to do their job. Now I understand I was in a position to serve the customer base but there are cases where you find yourself catering to them like they are Donald Trump. Some are curt. There are those that don't really appreciate what you do. Maybe I was asking too much from my customers. Who knows. However its no fun being berated at. I always said, if they had my job for a week then they would understand. A year is better so they'd have a variety to deal with.

I worked as a welder for a factory as a temp whilst waiting for my visa...that's another job people should experience, those people worked hard...admittedly, welders were being paid ridiculous amounts though, so slightly different