Jabs! do i need a GP's letter?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:34 am
Mr.

MRNasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jabs! do i need a GP's letter?

Hi all.. I just had my London Medical for my I-129F fiancee visa and required the Td/Tdap & MMR shots, which i just had at my own doctors (for free! i might add!) but when i asked about proof of having the shots all they could give me on the day was a printout of the screen that shows what the 2 shots were.

Do i need to get an offical GP's letter to show i had this done for when i apply for premanent residency in the US?

I've scanned the forums as i'm sure this has been asked before but i dont see anything about it.

Cheers all,

Mark.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jabs! do i need a GP's letter?

Absolutely will need proof that you have received those innoculations. I take it is not done on doctor's letterhead. Can you go back and have them place the office stamp on the printout? That should be sufficient.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MRNasher
Hi all.. I just had my London Medical for my I-129F fiancee visa and required the Td/Tdap & MMR shots, which i just had at my own doctors (for free! i might add!) but when i asked about proof of having the shots all they could give me on the day was a printout of the screen that shows what the 2 shots were.

Do i need to get an offical GP's letter to show i had this done for when i apply for premanent residency in the US?

I've scanned the forums as i'm sure this has been asked before but i dont see anything about it.

Cheers all,

Mark.
If the doctor makes a fuss about doing a letter, (sorry I am an ex practice manager for GP's) you should get the GP to stamp it with practice stamp and sign. Hopefully before you go you will get a copy of your full medical records? They will charge but at least you will have a copy of medical records for further infomation in the US. This is what we are intendeding on doing. Nothing important in them but you never know.

Thanks

Amanda
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:03 pm
Mr.

MRNasher is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the nurse who gave me the printout seemed pretty clueless about the VISA medical process but at least she said that i can get an official letter, which i have to pay for, if i ring up sometime later on.

So i best do that.. thanks all

Mark.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MRNasher

Cheers all,

Mark.
Mark, are you saying that the visa medical folk made you re-take the 2 vaccines that you had just received at your own doctor's?

You will need to complete I-693, once in the US, to go with your AOS application. I've just re-stickied the medical info thread for AOS for you to review.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I had my medical last Thursday and I took a record of all my vaccinations I had had when I was a child.

Because I had knew I would need another Tdap I got it done around January but because after that I registered at a new surgery they said they had no record of it and the old surgery said the new surgery would have the record.

Needless to say I had to pay £25 for another tdap at the medical.
I also had to pay £35 for another MMR because although the first one was on my childhood records the 2nd one (even though i had had it), wasn't. :curse:

So unless you show absolute proof that you are up tp date on everything I would advise you to take a bit more £ with you !