J2 visa for children

Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:05 am
Just Joined

17nic17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default J2 visa for children

Hi,

A have a friend who went away to the US on a J1. She came back to Northern Ireland 5 months pregnant and had a baby.

Now she wants to go out again on another J1 and get a J2 for her baby who is 15 months.

I am trying to tell her that shes dreaming because for the hotel industry you need to be flexible...and shes going to have a hard time finding an internship that caters for a small child.

Also, do they usually give the J2 to such young children? I thought it was generally for older children who can either go to school or take care of themselves??
If she did apply for the visa sure the officer would put 2 and 2 together and realise the babys dad is in USA and deny the visa?

Am I wrong? I just dont want her to have a visa denial on her record as I know how this can mess up even holiday plans in the future.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J2 visa for children

Originally Posted by 17nic17
Hi,

A have a friend who went away to the US on a J1. She came back to Northern Ireland 5 months pregnant and had a baby.

Now she wants to go out again on another J1 and get a J2 for her baby who is 15 months.

I am trying to tell her that shes dreaming because for the hotel industry you need to be flexible...and shes going to have a hard time finding an internship that caters for a small child.

Also, do they usually give the J2 to such young children? I thought it was generally for older children who can either go to school or take care of themselves??

If she did apply for the visa sure the officer would put 2 and 2 together and realise the babys dad is in USA and deny the visa?

Am I wrong? I just dont want her to have a visa denial on her record as I know how this can mess up even holiday plans in the future.
What is the citizenship of the baby's father??
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:56 am
Just Joined

17nic17 is an unknown quantity at this point

the babys father is illegal. he has been there for 10 years and he is not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Surely the conoff would put 2 and 2 together?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

the babys father is illegal. he has been there for 10 years and he is not planning on leaving anytime soon.
I respectfully suggest you get a new friend. This one has made some very poor choices.

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont want her to have a visa denial on her record as I know how this can mess up even holiday plans in the future.
Why not just let her try to find a J-1 sponsor, go through the visa process, and see what happens? If she gets it, great. If not, she'll have a visa denial and will have to declare it on any future ESTA applications. If it messes up future holiday plans, then oh well...it's really her choice whether she wants to try it or not.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It would appear that you are more bothered about this than the person of whom you are writing about.
If she has questions or concerns then she should post said question and concerns herself, as it is her life and her decision.
I agree with another poster. let her get on with it and let her deal with the outcomes.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:23 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm.... The visa application asks about relatives in the US so when she completes it on behalf of the child she must list the father. One question will lead to another and *poof* she may have some splaining to do. Having one member of your nuclear family living illegally in the US is generally a bad thing when trying to prove that you won't violate the immigration laws too.