IV Processing: Stage 2

Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Kirkwood76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IV Processing: Stage 2

Our I-130 Petition was approved by DCF London 16Oct09, and we have downloaded the Forms we expect we'll be getting in "packet 3". Please outline for us the nominal timeline/event schedule beginning now leading to
the Visa-in-hand.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

John Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud of
Default Re: IV Processing: Stage 2

Please keep in mind that each consulate has its own processing times.

This is only one case. It is not a guideline, nor a statistic on which to rely. Here is a time line for a recent Immigrant Visa application I submitted:
06/25/2009: Packet 3 submitted
07/18/2009: Request for Evidence received
07/22/2009: Response to Request for Evidence submitted
08/14/2009: Notice for interview received
09/18/2009: IV Interview Date
09/18/2009: Client received immigrant visa

We did lose some time with the RFE, but that seems to be a way of life with immigration now.

Originally Posted by Kirkwood76
Our I-130 Petition was approved by DCF London 16Oct09, and we have downloaded the Forms we expect we'll be getting in "packet 3". Please outline for us the nominal timeline/event schedule beginning now leading to
the Visa-in-hand.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IV Processing: Stage 2

Originally Posted by Kirkwood76
the Visa-in-hand.
Packet 3 (can't believe I'm perpetuating...) isn't mailed to you; you are directed to the website to download your visa application, I-864 and get the list of documents you'll need. They'll send you a checklist, and you can access that information now.

Since your case is not going through the NVC, it should move faster than John's example. The average London 'DCF' case takes 5 months from petition to visa, but it's been observed that recent cases are moving a little faster.

It's time for you to get all your visa application documents ready; as soon as you hear from the IVU you can tell them you are ready for interview.

Please look for the other DCF posts/threads here; there are several people who have recently completed or are just finalizing their applications.