Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

It's been almost 5 months after RFE

It's been almost 5 months after RFE

Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:06 pm
Meem

Default It's been almost 5 months after RFE

Hello,

I posted before. I went to I751 interview at San Antonio in August
2005. They wanted more evidence, which i sent in October. It has been
almost 5 months and have not heard anything. Went on InfoPass in
December, and somebody there told me it is still under review. last
moth i sent a case-enquiry letter to both the general office and my
specific DOA. Nothing yet. What else can I do before i have to hire a
lawyer to ask for me and lost my precious greenbacks? Thank you all.

M

Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's been almost 5 months after RFE

Originally Posted by Meem
Hello,

December, and somebody there told me it is still under review. last
moth i sent a case-enquiry letter to both the general office and my
specific DOA. Nothing yet. What else can I do before i have to hire a
lawyer to ask for me and lost my precious greenbacks? Thank you all.

M
Filing N-400 used to be a way to get action on an I-751---I wonder if that would apply in this type of situation?
Have you thought about naturalization? Are you eligible yet to apply?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:39 pm
Meem

yes i just became eligible. But that would take at least 4 months to
get to the point of the interview. Meanwhile, i wonder what happened
to my I751 application. Thanks

M

Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

yes i just became eligible. But that would take at least 4 months to
get to the point of the interview. Meanwhile, i wonder what happened
to my I751 application. Thanks

M
What Meauxna suggested is actually a good idea, you have nothing to lose, you have been waiting for 5 months, what's 4 more months?, I know it is an easy thing to say but hold on tight.
Good Luck!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

yes i just became eligible. But that would take at least 4 months to get to the point of the interview.
I think you may be missing the point. If you file for naturalization as soon as you are eligible to file, the naturalization application *which is usally done faster than the I-751* will force adjudication of the I-751 at the same time as the interview for naturalization. In other words, it is *faster* for you if you file for naturalization rather than wait on the results of the I-751. You do not have to have the results of the I-751 before you can file for naturalization.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:39 am
Meem

Thank you guys for your replies. I did consider the naturalization
solution, but i am hesitant to do that because of my credit problems.
Can i just go on with my life without worrying about what happened to
my I751? What if there is a denial of application sitting there
somewhere that I dont know about? Maybe i never received the letter. A
more specific question: is there an FBI clearance for I751 that could
be delaying things?

thanks

m

ian-mstm wrote:
    > > yes i just became eligible. But that would take at least 4 months to
    > > get to the point of the interview. Meanwhile, i wonder what happened
    > > to my I751 application. Thanks
    > >
    > > M
    > I think you may be missing the point. If you file for naturalization as
    > soon as you are eligible to file, the naturalization application *which
    > is usally done faster than the I-751* will force adjudication of the I-
    > 751 at the same time as the interview for naturalization. In other
    > words, it is *faster* for you if you file for naturalization rather than
    > wait on the results of the I-751. You do not have to have the results of
    > the I-751 before you can file for naturalization.
    >
    > Ian
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Can't Meem make an infopass appointment and find out whats going on with his I-751?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you guys for your replies. I did consider the naturalization
solution, but i am hesitant to do that because of my credit problems.
I don't understand what your credit problems would have to do with naturalization, unless it's just that you can't come up with the filing fee. I don't believe they run a credit check of any sort.

Can i just go on with my life without worrying about what happened to
my I751? What if there is a denial of application sitting there
somewhere that I dont know about? Maybe i never received the letter.
I'd be hesitant to let it go on for too long without either finding out about your case, or applying for naturalization. As you said, what if there's a problem with your case? Also, you'd never receive your 10-year card if you just let it sit there, if no action gets taken on it. Your status wouldn't expire, but you'd lose proof of your status.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I did consider the naturalization solution, but i am hesitant to do that because of my credit problems.
As Rene says, there is no credit check... in fact, credit has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with naturalization! So... what's the real issue here?

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

What if there is a denial of application sitting there
somewhere that I dont know about? Maybe i never received the letter.
You said you checked InfoPass in December -- what does it say now? You wouldn't have missed a denial letter if it's still under review.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

jamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant future

When you call/visit ensure that they actually received your response to the RFE. Responses to RFEs are lost (or misfiled) at times though you may have a fedex or whatever receipt to prove that they got it. If that is the case you want to send another copy of your response.

If they do have the response then I doubt if you can do much beyond waiting (or keep calling every few weeks yourself or thru the congressmen).

[QUOTE=Meem]Hello,

December, and somebody there told me it is still under review.