IR1 Visa Approved

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

lella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant future
Default IR1 Visa Approved

Visa approved and what a relief after all of my panicking and what ifs. Would just like to say a big thank you to everyone here who has helped me with all the questions I had throughout this process.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:12 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 Visa Approved

Congratulations! Now you can relax When are you moving, and where to?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

lella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant future

Thank you! Probably moving around January time. DH family are from OR,so we were considering that but then decided against as it is too cold. Think we will have to go wherever the first job offer comes. Hoping SW though
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:37 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, we're actually headed to Oregon. December 9th is our flight date!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I think you are on DIA with DH aren't you. You are the guys who gave us all the useful advice. DH parents are also from Eugene if that is you. What is it like out there never been DH says very very quiet. Bit of a culture shock from London is what I am thinking. Let me know.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:25 pm

Yup, that's us. We visited our new area this summer and liked it quite a lot. We never really loved the big city hubbub of London so the change will be very good for us. My DH has lived here his whole life and is ready for something different!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with the move. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves in OR.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lella
Yeah I think you are on DIA with DH aren't you. You are the guys who gave us all the useful advice. DH parents are also from Eugene if that is you. What is it like out there never been DH says very very quiet. Bit of a culture shock from London is what I am thinking. Let me know.
Lived in London all my live except for time in RAF. Moved to the Portland Metro area. The smaller OR towns you will find quite but the Portland area can offer just about anything London can, if less choice, and is an hour from skiing and about 90 minutes from the beach. Not sure the comment about cold is right. Shade hotter in the summer and maybe a bit colder in winter but I doubt much in it. Your problem would be the job market, OR has one of the highest unemployment rates at the moment.

Afraid Eugene is enemy territory and I don't go there that often.

Last edited by lansbury; Oct 22nd 2009 at 5:48 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Congratulations again Lella, having got our own approval only a couple of weeks ago the feeling of happiness and relief is still very fresh.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Received passport and visa today !
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 5:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lella
Received passport and visa today !
Hey! Congratulations, lella!

Arriving In America: Navigating the POE
Happy travels
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Meauxna and thank you also for the link it makes things when I arrive a lot more clear.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Congratulations Lella
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Katnap8, hopefully not long for you guys now!