British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   IR1 Visa Approved (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/ir1-visa-approved-636991/)

lella Oct 22nd 2009 9:41 am

IR1 Visa Approved

Visa approved and what a relief after all of my panicking and what ifs. Would just like to say a big thank you to everyone here who has helped me with all the questions I had throughout this process. :D

avanutria Oct 22nd 2009 11:12 am

Re: IR1 Visa Approved

Congratulations! Now you can relax :D When are you moving, and where to?

lella Oct 22nd 2009 11:19 am

Thank you! Probably moving around January time. DH family are from OR,so we were considering that but then decided against as it is too cold:). Think we will have to go wherever the first job offer comes. Hoping SW though;)

avanutria Oct 22nd 2009 11:37 am

Heh, we're actually headed to Oregon. :) December 9th is our flight date!

lella Oct 22nd 2009 11:43 am

Yeah I think you are on DIA with DH aren't you. You are the guys who gave us all the useful advice. DH parents are also from Eugene if that is you. What is it like out there never been DH says very very quiet. Bit of a culture shock from London is what I am thinking. Let me know.:)

avanutria Oct 22nd 2009 12:25 pm

Yup, that's us. We visited our new area this summer and liked it quite a lot. We never really loved the big city hubbub of London so the change will be very good for us. My DH has lived here his whole life and is ready for something different!

lella Oct 22nd 2009 5:05 pm

Good luck with the move. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves in OR.:D

lansbury Oct 22nd 2009 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by lella (Post 8036215)
Yeah I think you are on DIA with DH aren't you. You are the guys who gave us all the useful advice. DH parents are also from Eugene if that is you. What is it like out there never been DH says very very quiet. Bit of a culture shock from London is what I am thinking. Let me know.:)

Lived in London all my live except for time in RAF. Moved to the Portland Metro area. The smaller OR towns you will find quite but the Portland area can offer just about anything London can, if less choice, and is an hour from skiing and about 90 minutes from the beach. Not sure the comment about cold is right. Shade hotter in the summer and maybe a bit colder in winter but I doubt much in it. Your problem would be the job market, OR has one of the highest unemployment rates at the moment.

Afraid Eugene is enemy territory and I don't go there that often. :D

Englishman in Eugene Oct 22nd 2009 8:19 pm

Congratulations again Lella, having got our own approval only a couple of weeks ago the feeling of happiness and relief is still very fresh.

lella Oct 23rd 2009 10:32 am

:D Received passport and visa today !

meauxna Oct 23rd 2009 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by lella (Post 8038826)
:D Received passport and visa today !

Hey! Congratulations, lella!

Arriving In America: Navigating the POE
Happy travels :)

lella Oct 24th 2009 9:40 am

Thank you Meauxna and thank you also for the link it makes things when I arrive a lot more clear.:D

katnap8 Oct 24th 2009 2:53 pm

Congratulations Lella

lella Oct 24th 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks Katnap8, hopefully not long for you guys now!