Interview times

Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview times

Originally Posted by auntieginzy
Thanks. The interview is at 10.00am. do you think we would be ok getting a train out of London at 2.40pm?
Maybe, maybe not.

If you go in first thing in the morning, then chances are good, but if you turn up for a 10am interview, might be a close thing.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks. The interview is at 10.00am. do you think we would be ok getting a train out of London at 2.40pm?
if you arrive at embassy by 730 yes if you dont get there until 10 then i would say no.

which station out of london it all depends on the distances
Old Jul 13th 2012, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

If you're thinking about buying an Advance ticket for that time, don't. You might be in and out in an hour; or it might be 5 hours. Then factor in time to get to whatever station you need to.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 4:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
If you're thinking about buying an Advance ticket for that time, don't. You might be in and out in an hour; or it might be 5 hours. Then factor in time to get to whatever station you need to.
And to the dodgy shop up the road to get all your gear back that you've stashed, phone, car fobs, etc, etc.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:26 am
Just Joined

heidihoola is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask how long it took you to the the interview, once you filed the paperwork?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidihoola
Can I ask how long it took you to the the interview, once you filed the paperwork?
heidi,

Welcome to BE. I noticed you've posted a simlar question in a couple of different threads.

Please make sure you are posting in threads that are of the same nature as YOUR immigration path.

For example, autieginzey (the OP in this thread) is receiving an Immigrant Visa based on an I-130 filed by her USC daughter. I don't believe this is your case, right? It seems that your case would be based on an I-130 filed by a USC sibling....and that is a whole different category, with a different timeline.

In auntieginzey's case, she is an immediate relative of her USC daughter...so the whole case takes about 8 - 10 months from filing I-130 to getting Immigrant Visa.

In your case, you are not an immediate relative of your USC sibling, and there is a long backlog in that category, so your case will take about 10 - 12 years (years, not months) to process, from filing I-130 to getting Immigrant Visa.

You'll just confuse yourself if you ask questions like this of people who are in a different immigrant category than yourself.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In your case, you are not an immediate relative of your USC sibling...
I'm pretty sure she is an immediate relative of her sister! The difference between her journey and autieginzy's is that there is no quota for the parent of a USC but there is a quota for the sibling of a USC.

Ian