Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview then Swearing In for Naturalization - timing

Interview then Swearing In for Naturalization - timing

Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

rjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nicerjbhutton is just really nice
Default Interview then Swearing In for Naturalization - timing

This is a process question. I received my appointment for my naturalization interview on Nov 5. I have read here and other places that some locations give you your interview and, providing you pass all the requirements, you might get sworn in that afternoon.

My letter said nothing about when I met get sworn in. For people who got sworn in the same day as their interview, did your letters state that this was a possibility, or did they just say "hey, you passed, do you wanna swear in this afternoon, we have a slot open?!"

I guess I am wondering whether I should go expecting that I might get sworn in, or if I would have been informed of this possibility in my letter?

Anyway tell me how it happened for them... esp if they had their interview at the Cincinnati USCIS Federal Building, OH?

cheers all!! Happy Labor Day!!

[I guess in addition, if there is no swearing in the day of, what is the typical lag between interview and swearing in/taking the oath?]
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview then Swearing In for Naturalization - timing

Originally Posted by rjbhutton
My letter said nothing about when I met get sworn in.
My letter also said nothing about it.

... or did they just say "hey, you passed, do you wanna swear in this afternoon, we have a slot open?!"
I think this is exactly what happens.

[I guess in addition, if there is no swearing in the day of, what is the typical lag between interview and swearing in/taking the oath?]
The lag time for me was about 6 weeks... interview in Louisville, KY... oath ceremony in Lexington, KY. A lot depends on where you live, how many times per year they hold an oath ceremony, how many applicants they have, etc.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:49 am
Enigma Boy

this is totally a think of luck. most people however aren't that lucky.
they get scheduled for interview for a later date.

--
<a href="http://pakistan-gifts.com">Send Gifts to Pakistan</a> | <a
href="http://1pakistangifts.com">#1 Pakistan Gifts Store to send gifts to
Pakistan</a> | <a href="http://pakistangiftsemporium.com">Send Cakes,
Flowers and Other Gifts to Pakistan</a>
"rjbhutton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
> This is a process question. I received my appointment for my
> naturalization interview on Nov 5. I have read here and other places
> that some locations give you your interview and, providing you pass all
> the requirements, you might get sworn in that afternoon.
>
> My letter said nothing about when I met get sworn in. For people who got
> sworn in the same day as their interview, did your letters state that
> this was a possibility, or did they just say "hey, you passed, do you
> wanna swear in this afternoon, we have a slot open?!"
>
> I guess I am wondering whether I should go expecting that I might
> get sworn in, or if I would have been informed of this possibility
> in my letter?
>
> Anyway tell me how it happened for them... esp if they had their
> interview at the Cincinnati USCIS Federal Building, OH?
>
> cheers all!! Happy Labor Day!!
>
> [I guess in addition, if there is no swearing in the day of, what is the
> typical lag between interview and swearing in/taking the oath?]
>
> --

>

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enigma Boy
this is totally a think of luck. most people however aren't that lucky.

It's not luck...it depends on the state. My letter gave the date for interview...it mentions nothing of the Oath Ceremony although in New Jersey they are held on the same day. If I remember correctly in Newark they hold the Oath Ceremony each day Mon to Thurs.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:22 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

It said nothing about the swearing-in date on my letter either. I had my interview on July 2nd in 2000, and got sworn in before the end of the month.