Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Inquiry about status of I551 Permanent Registration Card

Inquiry about status of I551 Permanent Registration Card

Old Sep 18th 2001, 12:07 am
Christa L.

There is a form G731(N - for Nebraska) that can be sent to inquire about the status
of the actual plastic greencard. We will be sending this form since it has been 9
months since the I-551 was stamped in the passport.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fo...les/g-731n.pdf

Old Sep 18th 2001, 4:15 am
Riri

Something is going on: tomorrow it will be exactly 1 year I have been waiting and
waiting. Called Congressperson and nothing happened. It seems that I am not the only
one...... There must be something wrong somewhere.......

R

>
the
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 18th 2001, 4:52 am
Michael Voight

Did you get a reply to your query from the G731?? You could go to the local INS
office and get your passport stamped again AND ask them about it. What did they say
when you asked them about it?

RiRi wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > There is a form G731(N - for Nebraska) that can be sent to inquire about[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > status of the actual plastic greencard. We will be sending this form since it has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > been 9 months since the I-551 was stamped in the passport.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/g-731n.pdf[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 18th 2001, 10:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We inquired via the G731V to Vermont in FEbruary ... no reply.

Congresswoman inquired in July .. no response

Went to NYC INS August 30 ... refused to give another stamp.

Good luck

Rita and Jim

PS stamp expired in a few days and no NYC office to go to again at the moment
Old Sep 18th 2001, 9:26 pm
Riri

I am going tomorrow to my local INS office. It seems that they wait until the stamp
has expired before giving you a new one. Today was the last day of the stamp on my
passport. The point is that there is no way to know what is happening to the GC
printing. I got info only about my N-400 which is in process and no mention about the
GC even after repetedly requests. I am going to hand deliver my "n" letter to the
local director......

Will I even get rid of the INS?

R

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 20th 2001, 4:31 am
Riri

Hypnotism?

>
[usenetquote2]> > I am going tomorrow to my local INS office. It seems that they wait until the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > stamp has expired before giving you a new one. Today was the last day of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > stamp on my passport. The point is that there is no way to know what is happening[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to the GC printing. I got info only about my N-400 which is in process and no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > mention about the GC even after repetedly requests. I am going to hand deliver my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "n" letter to the local director......[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Will I even get rid of the INS?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >