Immediate relatives visa

Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Richard-UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Immediate relatives visa

Good morning.

I have read with great interest members experiences of the N-400 application as my daughter has been undergoing the same trauma in Florida!

Now she is applying for my wife and I to join her in Florida.

I am hoping that someone can help us with similar timelines so we can 'sort of' prepare for moving to the US.

She will apply to Texas and we live in the UK and will have the interview in London.

We just need to know what to expect and how long (ball-park) it will take.

Also we will be taking our small Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us (on the Queen Mary II) and would like to know what we actually need to get him into the country without undergoing the trauma of quaratine. (us or him!)

Many thanks all.

Best wishes to you.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immediate relatives visa

Originally Posted by Richard-UK
There will be some paperwork passed back and forth across the pond and you'll have an interview in London. The process should take a bit less than a year, once your daughter becomes a US citizen.

... Cavalier King Charles Spaniel...
Beautiful dogs!

... would like to know what we actually need to get him into the country without undergoing the trauma of quaratine. (us or him!)
This I'm not sure about, but have a look here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/ukcust1.html and hopefully that'll get you started on where to find the answers.

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Richard-UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. The whole doggie thing is a minefield.

The American Embassy 'sort of' implies that you need nothing. Yet I know that we will need Rabies, Tick treatment and a pet passport to satisfy Cunard.

But various US government websites say the opposite.

Like many of these things I reckon over preparation is better than too little.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. The whole doggie thing is a minefield.

The American Embassy 'sort of' implies that you need nothing. Yet I know that we will need Rabies, Tick treatment and a pet passport to satisfy Cunard.

But various US government websites say the opposite.

Like many of these things I reckon over preparation is better than too little.
Go to the USA Lifestyle forum here at britishexpats.com and search on the dog transport; you'll find dozens of recent stories and advice.

PS: 8-10 months for the petition + visa is a basic estimate.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to read these threads.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dog

Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Lawyers often have this habit of answering a question with another question -- usually because the question can't be answered without further testimony.

A question needs to be asked: Is your wife also the mother of your daughter? If not, did you marry your current wife before your daughter, turned 18?

If your answer to BOTH questions is "no," you will not like the timeline involved regarding your wife.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Hi
Our daughter is a USC and she also lives in florida. She applied for us and we have just finished the process. We live in England and all our paper work is finalized. We are moving over as soon as our house is rented. No point in selling at the moment with the market the way it is.

I will give you our time lines so you have some idea. Having said that dont take too much notice of the first two dates. There was an exceptional amount of applications when we sent our I -130 because fees were going up. I'm sure yours wont take that long.

Sept 10th 2007 I-130 sent by daughter in USA

Dec 31st 2007 Received receipt notice

April 2nd 2008 I-130 approved

April 14th 2008 Received letter to send form DS3032
choice of agent (we had our daughter as our agent )
Our daughter received a letter at the same time to send $70
payment for our affidavit of support I -864 the one payment
cover both of us.
They ask for the money first for most things.

May 22nd 2008 They asked our daughter to send affidavit of supports plus
$800 for our visas $400 each.

June 20th 2008 Daughter was asked to send DS230 one for each of us.

Aug 12th 2008 I rang NVC in USA and was told our case was complete.

Aug 29th 2008 Had medicals in London.

Sept 4th 2008 Interview at the London embassy. Approved pending
medicals.

Visas delivered by courier one week later.

Hope this helps.
Please ask for any other info i might have missed out.

Last edited by pcmaccallum; Oct 9th 2008 at 5:39 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning.

I have read with great interest members experiences of the N-400 application as my daughter has been undergoing the same trauma in Florida!
Trauma? Has something happened that has derailed your daughter's application for naturalization? At what stage of the process is she?

Does this mean that the N-400 application was successful and that she is now a USC?

I am hoping that someone can help us with similar timelines so we can 'sort of' prepare for moving to the US.

She will apply to Texas and we live in the UK and will have the interview in London.

If she is now a USC it will take 8-10 months.

Also we will be taking our small Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with us (on the Queen Mary II) and would like to know what we actually need to get him into the country without undergoing the trauma of quaratine. (us or him!)

Many thanks all.

Best wishes to you.
The US does not have quarantine for immigrating pets. You will need a veterian's certificate showing that the animal is up-to-date on his shots and it would be best if your daughter were to call a US Vet practicing in Florida to see what types of vaccinations are required for dogs in Florida. There are diseases and bugs that live in different sections of the US and might be required in one state but not in another.