I765 Denied

Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

lovatt79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I765 Denied

The forms (i130, AOS and i765)were all filed together, the AOS was sent back in november because it was sent to the wrong address, then both the AOS and i765 were sent back in december saying that that we had to file either i140 i526 i360 none of which have anything to do with our situation, one is for an employer, one is for an entrepreneur and one is for an Amerasian widower. We sent both forms back and i got my biometrics at the end of january. Haven't received any word on other forms. The i130 and AOS still say pending online.

I also didn't receive a canceled check, my status online says denied for i765 though.

I am hoping that its all just a mix up because the forms will all have started processing at different times.

Any recommendations for lawyers in bay area?

Last edited by lovatt79; Mar 9th 2008 at 12:23 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:33 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ailalawyer.com/SearchResu...rnia&miles=100
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, any idea of the average cost for a consultation.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:47 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovatt79
I would call around it can vary alot you may well get a free one like I did.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Will do, would pay whatever i got to not feel as sick and nervous as we do just now. I really am hoping rete was right and they haven't hooked the forms up with each other.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Might be around $150 but well worth it.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:51 pm

Will do, would pay whatever i got to not feel as sick and nervous as we do just now. I really am hoping rete was right and they haven't hooked the forms up with each other.
She normally is she knows her stuff
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So you go online and make an Infopass appointment. Take the online status record for the filing of the I-130 and I-485, your copy of the filed EAD and get a copy of the cashed check (unless you didn't pay by check then bring your copy of the money order) and tell them your story. They can do the EAD there.

The forms (i130, AOS and i765)were all filed together, the AOS was sent back in november because it was sent to the wrong address, then both the AOS and i765 were sent back in december saying that that we had to file either i140 i526 i360 none of which have anything to do with our situation, one is for an employer, one is for an entrepreneur and one is for an Amerasian widower. We sent both forms back and i got my biometrics at the end of january. Haven't received any word on other forms. The i130 and AOS still say pending online.

I also didn't receive a canceled check, my status online says denied for i765 though.

I am hoping that its all just a mix up because the forms will all have started processing at different times.

Any recommendations for lawyers in bay area?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
She normally is she knows her stuff

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I know some stuff but as I'm not a licensed attorney, I only post suggestions online so that I can be corrected when I make a mistake.

Never ever hurts to have a consultation. The peace of mind it brings is worth its price.

That said ... what code and reason did you indicate on the I-765 for your eligibility for the EAD?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I know some stuff but as I'm not a licensed attorney, I only post suggestions online so that I can be corrected when I make a mistake.

Never ever hurts to have a consultation. The peace of mind it brings is worth its price.

That said ... what code and reason did you indicate on the I-765 for your eligibility for the EAD?
We filed under A9.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We filed under A9.
There's your problem. If this is for AOS, you should have filed under (c) (9)

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There's your problem. If this is for AOS, you should have filed under (c) (9)

Rene

Just went to verify that yes, that is his problem. Should be (c)(9).

(a)(9) is for holders of K-3 and K-4 visas. So the rejection was correct.

Refile for a new EAD with the appropriate fee $340 I believe. Be sure to include your filing verification of the I-485.

You need to refile with fee because the original form was adjudicated based on the information you provided.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

We thought as we didn't have any proof that we had filed the 485 that we couldn't file under c9.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:10 pm

We thought as we didn't have any proof that we had filed the 485 that we couldn't file under c9.
Having the I-485 right there in the same packet is enough proof that you're filing the I-485. Of course now you WILL have to include proof, because you'll be sending the new I-765 separately.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

I have a record number for my 485 now so i'll get it filed right away, thanks guys and gals, feel stupid yet a little bit relieved at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.