i130 approvd. Next steps

Old Jun 15th 2019, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i130 approvd. Next steps

Hi all,

i797 of i130 petition being approved below. This was filed back in July 2018 when we didnt know parents would be in the US. As this is approved, they are in the US and will be for the next 2 months.
Do we have an option to adjust via AOS or would they have to attend the US consultate back home (London) ? Also, which one is the better router to take in terms of ease and length of process?

Thank you all for your help on this so far!

Old Jun 15th 2019, 7:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i130 approvd. Next steps

If your parents are ok with not leaving the USA until they have AP in hand (i.e. 5 months or so), then they can apply for AOS.

So far only one I-130 got approved? That parent can apply for AOS, but the other parent has to wait for their approved I-130 to do so.

my recommendation, though, is for them to return to the UK and do consular processing for immigrant visa. This means they enter the USA as a PR, and gives them time to wrap up their life in the UK.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2019, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If your parents are ok with not leaving the USA until they have AP in hand (i.e. 5 months or so), then they can apply for AOS.

So far only one I-130 got approved? That parent can apply for AOS, but the other parent has to wait for their approved I-130 to do so.

my recommendation, though, is for them to return to the UK and do consular processing for immigrant visa. This means they enter the USA as a PR, and gives them time to wrap up their life in the UK.

Rene
Thanks Noorah. Ok great at least its possible to Adjust status we just need to think about whether 5 months or so waiting in the US is good for them.

Apprceciate the recommendations. Is there an expiry on the i130? Trying to figure out whether them going back in July is feasible or whether they should go back asap.

Yes only dad approved yet which was the more complicated RFE. Fingers crossed mums is ok too!
Old Jun 15th 2019, 9:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have 1 year to take action on the approved I-130.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2019, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Noorah
Old Jun 17th 2019, 10:08 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the other I130 approval comes through prior to the expiration of the VWP the unapproved parent needs to leave. An overstay in this situation between VWP expiration and AOS filing would complicate matters.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Unless the other I130 approval comes through prior to the expiration of the VWP the unapproved parent needs to leave. An overstay in this situation between VWP expiration and AOS filing would complicate matters.
Not true. 1) The OP's parent is in the the Immediate Relative category, and does not need to be in status to file I-485, and being out of status before I-485 is filed, no matter the length of time, does not affect the I-485. And 2) They do not need to wait until I-130 is approved to file I-485. I-485 can be filed while I-130 is pending, if a visa number is available (and it is always available in this category).