i need help

Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

hondzia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need help

hello ever1, i have questione, i would like to travel to usa on b2 visa my questione is, do i need invitation if im not staying longer then half year? i have few friends in usa who i would like to visit, but im not satying at any1's house longer then few days, so do i need invitation of anybody or i just can try to get visa without invitation?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i need help

Originally Posted by hondzia
hello ever1, i have questione, i would like to travel to usa on b2 visa my questione is, do i need invitation if im not staying longer then half year? i have few friends in usa who i would like to visit, but im not satying at any1's house longer then few days, so do i need invitation of anybody or i just can try to get visa without invitation?
Where are you from? I guess you are not from a country who uses the VWP (visa waiver program) to visit the USA?

It is not mandatory to have a letter of invitation, no. Sometimes it helps. It depends on your situation.

You will need to show ties to your home country in order to get a tourist visa to the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:38 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

What passport do you hold? If you are from a country whose citizens are eligible to use the VWP, then you are extremely unlikely to get a visa just to visit (unless you are personally ineligible to use the VWP). That restricts your stay to 90 days.

And no, you would not need an invitation.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

im polish and i live in uk over 3,5 year , i know some of polish ppl needs invitation i tryed fill in aplication form DS 160 but its stops me where i must put adress where im staying, im not sure what i should write in that place hotel or one of adresses of my friend?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:46 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

im polish and i live in uk over 3,5 year , i know some of polish ppl needs invitation i tryed fill in aplication form DS 160 but its stops me where i must put adress where im staying, im not sure what i should write in that place hotel or one of adresses of my friend?
When I made trips to the US on my B1-B2, I would always put down the first address I would stay at, even when I was staying at multiple places later on (sometimes as many as seven or eight stops). I never put down any other address than the first one.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

so can i put hotel address? is that ll be ok when i ll fill aplication ds-160?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if Poland participates in the VWP. Does it?

What's your status in the UK, why have you been living there 3.5 years?

How long are you planning to visit the USA?

You will need to show ties to somewhere.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:52 pm

Yes, you can use a hotel address.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:54 pm

Never mind, I see that Poland does not particpate in the VWP:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi...html#countries

So yes, you will need the B tourist visa.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you are visiting friends who lawfully reside in the US -- they'll probably ask.
Make sure you take plenty of documentation to prove ties to England -- job, place to live, etc.

Good luck!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

i have all documents what i need , work contract, work prrmission and prove of address etc in uk, i just been wondering do i need invitation but i just get answer i dont really have to but it helps and yes all of my friends lives in usa legal so that wont be any problem ... i contact with global visas in uk and some1 told me i must pay for visa and process over 400 pounds??! but before they charged my friend only 287 pounds , thats weird cos my other friend paid for visa ( b2) only 179 pounds so which way is the best to contact with embassy?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know if Poland participates in the VWP. Does it?

What's your status in the UK, why have you been living there 3.5 years?

How long are you planning to visit the USA?

You will need to show ties to somewhere.

Rene
im planing to stay as long as i can and i working in uk and live here for over 3,5 year and Poland is not in esta program....i know that but i dont have british passport cos i never apply for it and anyway i need to be here to have british passport over 5 years
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just apply direct, it is all on the Consulate web site.

Presumably your visit is limited by your holiday amount?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

i have all documents what i need , work contract, work prrmission and prove of address etc in uk, i just been wondering do i need invitation but i just get answer i dont really have to but it helps and yes all of my friends lives in usa legal so that wont be any problem ... i contact with global visas in uk and some1 told me i must pay for visa and process over 400 pounds??! but before they charged my friend only 287 pounds , thats weird cos my other friend paid for visa ( b2) only 179 pounds so which way is the best to contact with embassy?
There have been a LOT of complaints about that company. There is only the visa application charge, payable to the Embassy, for a visitor visa. It's about $131 US.

You should be very cautious about paying fees like that to a 'visa company'. Especially one with as many complaints as they have.

You can apply directly on the US Embassy website. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why not just apply direct, it is all on the Consulate web site.

Presumably your visit is limited by your holiday amount?
i tryed but i wasnt sure can i put hotel address as my stay in usa, but now i find it out and i can fill it in thank you

Last edited by hondzia; Mar 24th 2010 at 11:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.