I-90

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of
Default I-90

Hi
Can some1 please help me with some ?s. My friend recently changed her name on her greencard to her new marriage but now has found out some info about her new husband that she has now decided she dont want his name on her card an go back to her name that originally was on the card. She is a permnant resident not a conditional. We found an address to withdraw her petition without a refund which is fine but we want to know what happens if she recieves the new card with his name on it even though she has sent the letter to withdraw the petition. Any advice would be great. Thanks all for your help.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-90

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
Hi
Can some1 please help me with some ?s. My friend recently changed her name on her greencard to her new marriage but now has found out some info about her new husband that she has now decided she dont want his name on her card an go back to her name that originally was on the card. She is a permnant resident not a conditional. We found an address to withdraw her petition without a refund which is fine but we want to know what happens if she recieves the new card with his name on it even though she has sent the letter to withdraw the petition. Any advice would be great. Thanks all for your help.
Withdraw what petition ???
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

I worded it wrong...to withdraw application. My error
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My friend...
You seem to have a lot of "friends" with immigration problems. Are you the only one who has access to a computer?

She is a permnant resident not a conditional.
How long has she had her green card? If she's eligible, perhaps she should apply for naturalization in whatever name she wants... in fact, she can change her name completely at the time!

... we want to know what happens if she recieves the new card with his name on it even though she has sent the letter to withdraw the petition.
What will happen? Well, she'll receive a green card with the new name on it... and she'll probably be stuck with it, because if she sends in another application to change her name back, someone might get suspicious - something about multiple green cards with multiple names!

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes Ian I am the only one with computer access. Yes she is eligable to apply for naturalisation but doesnt wish to pursue that avenue. Well I guess will send away the letter in hope they wont issue the card if not guess she will have to figure out how to change it back after the divorce is final. TY for your reply.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Ian I am the only one with computer access. Yes she is eligable to apply for naturalisation but doesnt wish to pursue that avenue. Well I guess will send away the letter in hope they wont issue the card if not guess she will have to figure out how to change it back after the divorce is final. TY for your reply.

Ah, there's the catch. She is getting divorced after obtaining her green card. The divorce decree usually says you can return to your maiden name. If it does, she can change the name back at that time.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

There is another catch ....her previous card was issued in her previous married name...she hasnt used her maiden name in over 18yrs. She has been a permant resident for over 16yrs...Since they just got married...like in the last 3mths we are not sure now what she has to do for divorce. We are really hoping she can just get the card cancelled. I know at the time of her biometrics they didnt take her old card from her.

Last edited by LadyKat1974; Sep 3rd 2007 at 5:30 pm.