12 month visa

Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

triciacass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 month visa

Hi, having read a thread here slightly different situation. A couple posted that they had a twelve month tourist visa. How and where do I apply for such a visa? I've come into some money and wanted to tour the States but jumping in on a 90 day visa, then returning home then returning on another 90 day visa. How would I go about doing this without the hopping in and out etc.. I don't wish to work etc... just travel and tour.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 month visa

Originally Posted by triciacass
Hi, having read a thread here slightly different situation. A couple posted that they had a twelve month tourist visa. How and where do I apply for such a visa? I've come into some money and wanted to tour the States but jumping in on a 90 day visa, then returning home then returning on another 90 day visa. How would I go about doing this without the hopping in and out etc.. I don't wish to work etc... just travel and tour.

Cheers.
You can apply for a B-2 .... mostly valid for 180 days ...
BUT .. if you are young and off working age ...
the sucess rate is not high...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 12 month visa

Originally Posted by Ray
You can apply for a B-2 .... mostly valid for 180 days ...
BUT .. if you are young and off working age ...
the sucess rate is not high...
Thanks will look up a B-2 - I'm young at heart... will be 43/44 when I plan to tour. Thanks for a swift response. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks will look up a B-2 - I'm young at heart... will be 43/44 when I plan to tour. Thanks for a swift response. Much appreciated.
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: 12 month visa

Um already hit a dilemma the form must be completed electronically - no problem there - but there are two areas - Country Passport issued - section. This does not have Britain or United Kingdom - they will not accept any application unless it's completed electronically. They have British Virgin Islands or British Indian Ocean Territories? As I'm neither just good old fashioned 'British or United Kingdom'? Any other suggestions? Same applies as to where my British Passport was obtained - 'Issuing Country'. ?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Um already hit a dilemma the form must be completed electronically - no problem there - but there are two areas - Country Passport issued - section. This does not have Britain or United Kingdom - they will not accept any application unless it's completed electronically. They have British Virgin Islands or British Indian Ocean Territories? As I'm neither just good old fashioned 'British or United Kingdom'? Any other suggestions? Same applies as to where my British Passport was obtained - 'Issuing Country'. ?
How about the option "Great Britain and Northern Ireland"?

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:30 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Would seem to fit very well ...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: 12 month visa

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene

Drat - the obvious - I went straight to United Kingdom and then tried Britain - duh (whoops). Thanks will sort now - thanks to you and Ray. Much appreciated. It never pays to rush.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your chances are not good.

With a refused visa you can still use the VWP, but will need to declare it and are likely to end up in secondary immigration being quizzed.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: 12 month visa

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your chances are not good.

With a refused visa you can still use the VWP, but will need to declare it and are likely to end up in secondary immigration being quizzed.
Well I've been in and out of the US 3/4 times a year with no Visa. My previous job - always required me to have Criminal Record checks etc.. So a clean slate. Fingers crossed I'll be able to just enjoy a very long vacation. I'm hoping to just tour and will have enough money to stay without work etc... and enough money to fly about to various states. So basically a lady of leisure.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:07 pm
Ray

Well I've been in and out of the US 3/4 times a year with no Visa. My previous job - always required me to have Criminal Record checks etc.. So a clean slate. Fingers crossed I'll be able to just enjoy a very long vacation. I'm hoping to just tour and will have enough money to stay without work etc... and enough money to fly about to various states. So basically a lady of leisure.
I hope your not single ... a bad mark there ..husband hunting ...
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Can you see the difference between 'I am visiting 3 or 4 times a year for work' and 'I am visiting 3 or 4 or more times a year 'touring''??

You'll want to study up on this carefully before you apply for anything (or make deposits on a trip!)
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Add a few years, change gender, and that was me.

No Visa.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Can you see the difference between 'I am visiting 3 or 4 times a year for work' and 'I am visiting 3 or 4 or more times a year 'touring''??

You'll want to study up on this carefully before you apply for anything (or make deposits on a trip!)

Sorry I'm not sure if you misunderstood. I was visiting purely for pleasure three to four times a year for several years. I've had police checks done on me because I used to work with children in UK. Hope that makes sense?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
I hope your not single ... a bad mark there ..husband hunting ...
Drat I am single and at my age, eek not sure I'm an appropriate age for husband hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.