Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I disagree. He does not need a full medical again, and the vaccination supplement should be cheaper than a full medical.

Fitzey, you are right, it's difficult over the phone to explain what you need. We had the same exact problem. My advice is to just go ahead and make an appointment (even if they book it for a full medical). Once you get there in person, explain to the doctor himself what you need. We even had to explain 3 or 4 times to the doctor what we needed....NOT the full medical AGAIN, but just the vaccination supplement. The doctor finally said Ohhhh I see!! All I have to do is verify all the vaccinations are done? I said evidently, yes! He got the correct form, filled it out, signed it, and gave it to us in a sealed envelope. Here in Phoenix it cost us around $120 to get that done.

Be persistent....eventually the doc will realize you do NOT need the whole medical done again.

Rene
It cost me $100 for the full medical.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Wow, my apologies. That's CHEAP!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And as Mr F oft says ..Don't fight city hall...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Your husband only charged you that ..he is generous ...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, my apologies. That's CHEAP!
Yep. We were lucky

But I hear what you say, why go through the whole rigamarole again.....
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Your husband only charged you that ..he is generous ...
Ba-boom-tish.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

fitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nice

Well ive scheduled an appointment with infopass in Albany, ny for tomorrow i'll just get confirmation on everything i guess.
The surgeon offices say the full medical is three stages, and ill be really lucky if i can find anyone in the area that will do it for $100, in addition my deadline for a response is 28th of march so it'll be running it close as they only schedule appointments on mondays and tuesday.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitzeyhall
Well ive scheduled an appointment with infopass in Albany, ny for tomorrow i'll just get confirmation on everything i guess.
The surgeon offices say the full medical is three stages, and ill be really lucky if i can find anyone in the area that will do it for $100, in addition my deadline for a response is 28th of march so it'll be running it close as they only schedule appointments on mondays and tuesday.
Again....you don't need the full medical....so don't worry about all the stages. You will be in and out of their office quickly.

Did you look at that link meauxna provided, which transcribes the thing for $20?

I think we are talking about 2 things here at the same time....one is some kind of new form transcription of what you already had done, and one is a vaccination supplement, and I'm not sure which one USCIS wants now.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:39 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Again....you don't need the full medical....so don't worry about all the stages. You will be in and out of their office quickly.

Did you look at that link meauxna provided, which transcribes the thing for $20?

I think we are talking about 2 things here at the same time....one is some kind of new form transcription of what you already had done, and one is a vaccination supplement, and I'm not sure which one USCIS wants now.

Rene
There is no more "vaccination supplement". I believe that is the "part 2" section of the new I-693.

fitzeyhall needs to have the valid medical he had done overseas entered on one of the new forms, at least, that is how I interpret what has been posted. This is a fairly unique, temporary circumstance.

fitzeyhall also needs the vax section of I-693 (this 'part 2') completed. The form he submitted at the POE wasn't formatted like this, so he couldn't have it. This sounds like something every K entrant needs now.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:39 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

When we went for the vacs suppliment the doctors office in NYc tried to get us to get the full medical as well. We stood firm and said no.I actually had to make quite a few phone calls to find a doctor who would just do the suppliment and they still tried to get my husband to do a new physical when we were there. It was part 2 of the I693 as well that we got like Meauxna mentioned. We sent it off in the sealed envelope the doctor gave us with my husbands AOS. I hope everything works out for you.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

What is the average cost for the AOS medical? Are there any guidelines? I just called one office and they quoted me $280, which included $80 of vacinations, blood work and TB test.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by gstring
What is the average cost for the AOS medical? Are there any guidelines? I just called one office and they quoted me $280, which included $80 of vacinations, blood work and TB test.
gstring,

You came over on a K-1 visa, you had your medical overseas already. You do not need another medical in the USA.

You will need to visit a USCIS approved civil surgeon just to get the Vaccination Supplement. The cost for that varies with each doctor. They set their own price.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Are my medical posts invisible?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=aos+medical

I found my answers and called them straight back too!

I'm looking thought my rose tinted glasses still.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Are my medical posts invisible?
I think I still can't figure them out! For someone who had a medical overseas recently....do they still need a vaccination supplement in the USA? Or are they good to go now, with the revised medical form done overseas?

How can they know which one they have, when it's sealed already?

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.