Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think I still can't figure them out! For someone who had a medical overseas recently....do they still need a vaccination supplement in the USA? Or are they good to go now, with the revised medical form done overseas?

How can they know which one they have, when it's sealed already?

Rene
I re-pinned the medical thread from this summer, with the updates.

There is no more 'vaccination supplement'.
All medicals are done on the new forms now.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:47 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

DoS does not use the CIS medical form I-693? They still use their own forms, and have those forms also been revised?

In any case, ask for a copy before the Panel Physician seals them up in the envelope.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think I still can't figure them out! For someone who had a medical overseas recently....do they still need a vaccination supplement in the USA? Or are they good to go now, with the revised medical form done overseas?

How can they know which one they have, when it's sealed already?

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
OK, you'll need to make a call to make sure this info is still current.
This is a follow up post from the person who posted about Dr Arnold. This poster is a K-1 who married and applied for AOS. She is referring to November 2008, so it is since the forms changed.

DS-3025 is the Panel Physician medical form (overseas medical).

I have used Dr. Arnold last November and I totally recommend using him. If your wife has already done immunizations, call the phone number that Vanessa posted and leave a message since they never pick up their phone. I believe Tammy is his secretary's name and she will call you within a day and give you a list of items to be mailed to them in texas. He charges U$20 to have the DS3025 transcribed into the proper form and he mails it back to you in only a couple of days. Very fast and efficient. I wouldn't even bother looking for another doctor since dr. Arnold offers a great deal!! I filed for AOS in December and already have my interviewed scheduled, no RFEs or anything..
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

fitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nice

So i went to the meeting this morning, (infopass) the guy there basically told me either the state department has lost my medical from overseas or the uscis office is unable to locate it. (freakin great!!!) but advised me to either have a full medical or just send away your vac supplement with a letter explaining the situation.

I contacted dr Arnold and they gave me the steps to follow (BTW its $30 now for a signed vac supplement form).
Also i'm going to get in contact with the knightsbridge doctors tomorrow to see if they can fax over my medical from May 2008 (i don't think they will tho).

If not ill just send of my vac records to dr Arnold and go from there.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:17 pm

Thanks so much for adding the update!

I'll pass along that price increase info. Oh, and don't get too hopeful about Knightsbridge resending (others have been refused that) but also dont' put too much stock in the 'lost document' answer. Your medical report may still be in the envelope, but if it was done on the 'old' form (see the pinned thread's press release article) *that* may cause an issue and you're just stuck in the middle of the document change. You still should not have to re-do the medical, but simply have the results transcribed.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

I just went through this last week with a civil surgeon here. I called several and they all required me to have more bloodworks. I tried to explain that I had the medical back in London and I wouldn't have been issued a visa if they had discovered anything nasty but they wouldn't budge. I also had to get a hep B vaccination (two more to follow in a few months). To be honest, I just wanted to get the application sent off asap and I'd rather send too much than not enough.

I think it's quite unethical for Knightsbridge to refuse to provide a copy of the medical. Afterall, they're our records which we paid quite a lot for.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet82
I think it's quite unethical for Knightsbridge to refuse to provide a copy of the medical. Afterall, they're our records which we paid quite a lot for.
My fiance got his medical done in Turkey, back in 2004. He had the sealed medical results in his briefcase, ready to bring to the interview, whenever it got scheduled. About two weeks later, his briefcase got stolen, and he lost the medical. He immediately went back to the doctor's office and asked for a copy of his records in another sealed envelope. They said no, they don't keep the records there...or they are not available....he had to retake the whole medical again, and of course pay the fee for it again, ugh.

Rene