I-693 questions

Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all
Default I-693 questions

I traveled on a k-1 visa and got married 2 weeks ago. I am now filling for AOS. I went to an immigration office here in Cleveland and i was given all the forms i need to fill in to do this. the adjustment of status form, EAD form, AP form and adffident of support form and the biographic form. However there was no mention of the I-693. I only came across this requirement through reading up the AOS process on this website.

So do i need to include this I-693 with my AOS package? i have had my medical at knightsbridge for my K-1 (this was in June this year). I also have my vaccination documentation worksheet produced for me at knightbridge.

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 questions

Originally Posted by chrisroach
So do i need to include this I-693 with my AOS package?
For a K-1 beneficiary I don't think you need the I-693, but you do need the I-693A vaccination supplement.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There is no "I-693A vaccination supplement".

Once upon a time there was an Appendix A Supplemental Form to I-693
http://www.mag-anak.org/photos/forms/suppl693.pdf

The vaccination information that was provided on that form has now been rolled into the I-693 proper.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
For a K-1 beneficiary I don't think you need the I-693, but you do need the I-693A vaccination supplement.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I traveled on a k-1 visa and got married 2 weeks ago. I am now filling for AOS. I went to an immigration office here in Cleveland and i was given all the forms i need to fill in to do this. the adjustment of status form, EAD form, AP form and adffident of support form and the biographic form. However there was no mention of the I-693. I only came across this requirement through reading up the AOS process on this website.

So do i need to include this I-693 with my AOS package? i have had my medical at knightsbridge for my K-1 (this was in June this year). I also have my vaccination documentation worksheet produced for me at knightbridge.

Thanks
You can try using just the vaccination worksheet from Knightsbridge. But you might receive an RFE asking for a vaccination supplement. So if it were me, I'd go ahead and make an appointment with your local civil surgeon to get your vaccination record transcribed to the USCIS form, lessening the risk of an RFE.

The doctor has the correct form in his office. Just bring proof of your vaccinations from the UK, and a way to pay the doctor fee.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all

Does anybody know of any recent k-1 AOS applicants who have used their vaccination documents from kingtsbridge?

As i dont need a medical, and i already have my vaccination records on a US immigration approved document. All the american docter would do is copy what i have on my records onto another peice of paper?? is this correct?

Im thinking about just sending the vaccination record i have from knightsbridge as in the I-485 instructions is doesnt state that k-1 applicants need the I-693...it just states 'vaccination records'

Is this risky?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As i dont need a medical, and i already have my vaccination records on a US immigration approved document. All the american docter would do is copy what i have on my records onto another peice of paper?? is this correct?
Correct. This is what we did.

Im thinking about just sending the vaccination record i have from knightsbridge as in the I-485 instructions is doesnt state that k-1 applicants need the I-693...it just states 'vaccination records'

Is this risky?
Only to the extent that you could receive an RFE if they actually want a civil surgeon to complete the vaccination transcription. They'll send you an RFE for the missing document, which you'll then obtain and send back.

Receiving an RFE slows down the progress of your whole AOS, including the EAD and AP.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

ok, i think i will pursue the I-693 vaccination section then. That last thing i want is for my EAD to be slowed down. Its annoying as i have already gone through the medical in London. But if thats the way it is then thats what i have to do.

Thank you for your advice!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

The actual wording for k-1 applicants regarding the vaccination documentation is:
If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly compleated and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report compleated by a designated civil surgeon. In this case you are required to submit Part 1, information about you, part 2, the vaccination chart and part 5, the civil surgeon's certification, of form I-693
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The actual wording for k-1 applicants regarding the vaccination documentation is:
If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly compleated and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report compleated by a designated civil surgeon. In this case you are required to submit Part 1, information about you, part 2, the vaccination chart and part 5, the civil surgeon's certification, of form I-693
Medical/I-693 Tips for AOS from a K-1 visa
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:09 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That's very nice, but it's probably not what is said on the checklist the file clerks go by when they open the I-485 submissions and assemble the documents into the case file, because experience has shown that many people who submitted DS-3025 did get RFEs asking for vaccination records in the form of I-693. Unkown is how many of those who got RFEs got them because the DS-3025 was incomplete, not all vaccinations given or waived.

That being said, my wife and son submitted DS-3025 and had no problem. Theirs were complete.

Conclusion - it's a crap shoot.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

well my DS-3025 is marked as being incompleate, but states i may be eligable for a blanket waiver as my only missing vaccination (age appropriate) is the Varicella (this is not available in the UK) and i have previously had chocken pox.

Having read all the info im really thinking that submitting the DS-3025 over the I-693 is what i am going to do.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Having read all the info im really thinking that submitting the DS-3025 over the I-693 is what i am going to do.
If it makes you feel good, go ahead and do it.

Ian
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If it makes you feel good, go ahead and do it.

Ian
So are you warning me against this?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Conclusion - it's a crap shoot.

+1
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:19 pm

I don't think Ian is warning against it, just saying be prepared to receive an RFE if USCIS does not accept the choice you made.

Rene