I-693 ...Green Card Interivew

Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice
Default I-693 ...Green Card Interivew

Hi guy's,

I have my Green Card Interview this Thursday and me and my wife have came across a potential tricky situation.
So basically we just noticed on the mailed interview check-list i received that I am required to bring form I-693. So back when i went for my medical in London, i had my vaccination sheet deferred so that i could get a shot i required with my local GP. So i done this, went to the K1 interview, got approved, moved over to the USA, and started the AOS process.

We didn't include a I-693 with the AOS package, as the online instructions were somewhat misleading.

Over the past couple of week's i have went for a physical at a hospital for a job that is on the horizon for me. I've received more shots and tests (Teberculosis, tetanus, flu, and blood). I'm due to get my last shot this Wednesday (a day before my Green Card Interview) and I am thinking i could ask them for a copy of my immunizations that i have now received.

Anyways, It looks like i now need to find a civil doctor and have them signed and seal form I-693, which might prove tricky as i say, my interview is on Thursday! I plan on calling my nearest one in the morning to see if i can be seen before them.

So my questions are -

1. If i'm not able to be seen, will this be an automatic denial for my Green Card?

2. If i AM able to be seen, will it just be a case of me bringing along my immunization records to show the doctor to verify and not have an additional medical examination?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 ...Green Card Interivew

Originally Posted by Jamie1875
1. If i'm not able to be seen, will this be an automatic denial for my Green Card?
No. The officer will give you time to get the information back to her, and then will approve the AOS.

2. If i AM able to be seen, will it just be a case of me bringing along my immunization records to show the doctor to verify and not have an additional medical examination?
Yes. It might take some convincing on your part, but that is all you should need.

Rene
Old Feb 11th 2013, 3:01 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's an adjustment of status interview, not a "Green Card interview".

If you submitted a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your visa medical exam, and if the DS-3025 showed that you've had all required vaccination or that any missing vaccination should be waived, with your I-485 then you should not need I-693. To be safe, bring a copy of the DS-3025 with you to the interview.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice

Thanks for the responses guy's but aren't they both slightly conflicting? I'm now not sure whether I have to bring form I-693 or go without?

So when i sent my AOS package away i included form DS-3025 along with a copy of immunization history from my local doctor in Edinburgh which showed I had now received the shot that was required at the medical in London.

The thing is I'm now sure if it was just the one shot that was incomplete or if it was more, I'm looking at my copy of the DS-3025 now and trying to figure it out. For the majority of the things on the vaccine list the lady checked the 'Not age appropriate' box. When it comes to the 'Td/Tdap/ boxes shes ticked 'Td; and wrote down the date i received it - 06.09.2003 and then ticked the 'Insufficient time interval' box and wrote ' every 10 years. I just had another Tdap at my physical for my new job as it has now been 10 years, so I'm up to date there.

In the 'MMR' box she ticked it and then wrote across the sheet 'VK1-Visa applicant has chosen to deter vaccine at present time'. I figure she done this because i had received my first MMR shot in 1990 but hadn't yet received my 2nd MMR shot, which is then done after the medical in London at my local GP and she wrote it down and signed and dated it along with an official doctors practice stamp.

In the 'influenza' box she ticked 'Not fall (Flu) season.

Then at the bottom of the DS-3025 form under 'results' she ticked the first box 'Vaccine History Incomplete' aswel as the box under that which says 'Applicant may be eligiable for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate.

Wouldn't i have received an RFE when i submitted my AOS package because my DS-3025 form was incomplete? Or was it because i also submitted a immunization history sheet from my local GP that showed i had received my 2nd MMR?

As you can see I'm just somewhat confused

I could get a vaccination sheet on Wednesday as i have one last shot to get at the hospital before i start my new job, i could ask them if they could print out a sheet that shows all the recent vaccinations I've had by them and i could take that along with me to the interview?

Or do i 100% HAVE to go with a I-693? Because I'm thinking do i go without it and see what they say (probably i take it i'll be given a time by the officer to go and get my I-693 sorted) Or do i phone up now and try and see if i can see one before Thursday (but i won't have my newest vaccination sheet till Wednesday afternoon when I'm done at the hospital to get my last shot)

Hmm....
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses guy's but aren't they both slightly conflicting?
Yes, they are.

I'm now not sure whether I have to bring form I-693 or go without?
You could do as JEff suggests, and go without, and then if the Officer needs something more, she will give you time to return it before approving your AOS. Or, you could get it ahead of time just in case, and cover all your bases. Your choice.

Wouldn't i have received an RFE when i submitted my AOS package because my DS-3025 form was incomplete?
Maybe. Maybe not. It might have been OK and not needed an RFE, or someone might have overlooked it, or figured you'll complete things by your interview date....no way of knowing.

I could get a vaccination sheet on Wednesday as i have one last shot to get at the hospital before i start my new job, i could ask them if they could print out a sheet that shows all the recent vaccinations I've had by them and i could take that along with me to the interview?
Yes, you could.

Or do i 100% HAVE to go with a I-693?
You don't have to, unless the Officer wants you to.

Rene
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help Noorah, very very helpful as usual!
I think what I'm going to do is ask for a Vaccination sheet on Wednesday at my job physical and go to the interview without the I-693 and explain about my recent vaccinations/being unsure about the I-693 and see what the officer requires.
The reason I want to do this is because i'd hate to spend 'x amount of dollars' at the civil surgeon's, only for the officer to not require it. Also by the sounds of your responses/other's i have read online, i won't have my case outright denied and i will be given more time if a I-963 is required.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 6:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What Rene wrote.
Thanks for the responses guy's but aren't they both slightly conflicting?
The interviewing case officer will let you know.
I'm now not sure whether I have to bring form I-693 or go without?
Based on the rest of the information you've provided, I'd be inclined to expect that I-693 will be required. If the case officer decides it's required, and you do not have it with you, approval of the adjustment will be put off until you send in the I-693.
So when i sent my AOS package away i included form DS-3025 along with a copy of immunization history from my local doctor in Edinburgh which showed I had now received the shot that was required at the medical in London.
Not at time of submission, no. The file clerk who first reviews the submission only checks to see that required documents are provided, they do not analyze the documents to see if the information contained meets the requirements. In any case, the immunization information from your GP is not of interest to either the file clerk or the case officer who is processing your application to adjust - the information needs to come from a DoS (DS-3025) or USCIS (I-693) approved physician. This is why I suspect that you'll need the I-693, the DS-3025 seems to say that your immunizations are incomplete.
Wouldn't i have received an RFE when i submitted my AOS package because my DS-3025 form was incomplete? Or was it because i also submitted a immunization history sheet from my local GP that showed i had received my 2nd MMR?
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 11th 2013 at 6:32 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

For the majority of the things on the vaccine list the lady checked the 'Not age appropriate' box.

[...]

Then at the bottom of the DS-3025 form under 'results' she ticked the first box 'Vaccine History Incomplete' aswel as the box under that which says 'Applicant may be eligiable for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate.
This in itself doesn't mean you will need the I-693. The CDC instructions for panel physicians say that probably all DS-3025s will be completed as 'Vaccination history incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate', because some vaccines will not be age appropriate for most applicants. ('Not age appropriate' is one of five 'not medically appropriate' categories the physician can tick.) In other words, as I understand the guidelines, the doctor is only supposed to tick 'Vaccine history is complete for each vaccine' if you have had the full course of every vaccine on the list (not just if you have had the ones appropriate to your age group). And pretty much nobody will be in that situation.

I believe, however, that in your case the I-693 is required because when your DS-3025 was filled out you a) hadn't had the 2nd MMR shot, which was medically appropriate for you and b) had only had Td and not Tdap (and since became due for a Td booster anyway). Whether or not the interviewing officer will actually make you produce it is another matter.

Last edited by Apfelkuchen; Feb 11th 2013 at 8:28 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... go to the interview without the I-693 and explain about my recent vaccinations/being unsure about the I-693 and see what the officer requires.
I agree... partly! Go to the interview, yes. Don't, however, mention the I-693 unless you are specifically asked about it.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

So we just got back from the interview and to our delighted the I-693/anything medical related didn't come up at all!

We feel the interview in general went really well, she said she's going to run a background check and then if she makes her decision that it's approved I should have my Green Card in 2-3 weeks!

Each of us were asked certain questions, DOB, parents names, place of birth, where we went on our honeymoon etc. We also were asked details of how we met and we showed pictures of our wedding.

We also were asked to show our lease, joint bank account, social security cards, and my passport with I-94 of which she took out and kept.

So fingers crossed It's approved, anxious wait now.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:15 pm

Cool, congratulations!

Rene
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Cool, congratulations!

Rene
Noorah me and the wife just want to say thank-you for all the help you have given us in the process from day 1 to right now, it's been some ride but with the help, guidance, and reassurance you've made it alot smoother than I'm sure it would have been otherwise.
I think back to the day we started the first lot of paperwork to sitting here in our apartment in California right now, 2-3 weeks away of actually receiving my Green Card, crazy!
Also a big thanks to everyone else looking in who provided help and information, top notch guy's!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:35 pm

Excellent! I'm glad to know that our suspicions about you needing the I-693 were wrong.

Regards, JEff

So we just got back from the interview and to our delighted the I-693/anything medical related didn't come up at all!