I-140 denial and FOIA Request

Old May 9th 2014, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-140 denial and FOIA Request

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Optimistically, I might suggest it is no longer in their system because maybe they have actually dealt with it?
Sir Eccles, honestly, at this point I have no clue. When I put in the number, it still states that we are number 2 in the queue, so maybe you're right. Maybe that's wrong, but I'm waiting on the Attorney calling me back. It would be so nice to actually wake up in a morning, and not immediately put my brain in Immigration gear!! So tiring...
Old May 9th 2014, 6:54 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

As Mr Folinsky pointed out, it's a Privacy Act request.

Honestly I've done both in the past and I always get the run around.

What did you file, a G-639?
Old May 9th 2014, 7:01 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Actually thinking about it, lawyer friend of mine did an FOIA request for a video of a meeting he was at, and that caused various kinds of confusion because he was at the meeting but he was requesting the video for his client. Why exactly it was confusing I forget but there was some discussion of whether it was FOIA or Privacy Act. Anyway the view he reached was that they were stonewalling him and after being passed around by various bureaucrats he got the further impression they didn't want the information being made public. At which point he had to point out he was the person on the video and needed it as evidence and all the information in it he had already made public - because you know, he was the person speaking in it for the most part.

Last I heard he was suing them to get it. Personally I think the person who did the video just pressed the wrong button and deleted it by mistake.