Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-131 and I-765 approved for husband and wife but infant's I-131 still pending?

I-131 and I-765 approved for husband and wife but infant's I-131 still pending?

Old Dec 9th 2020, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Question I-131 and I-765 approved for husband and wife but infant's I-131 still pending?

My wife's and my I-131 and I-765 got approved, and the combined cards got delivered.

However, our 1-year old infant's I-131 is still pending (all filed at the same time with the I-485s, and biometrics for all the three of us done at the same time). Has anyone come across anything like this?
Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-131 and I-765 approved for husband and wife but infant's I-131 still pendi

Yes. It's not uncommon for cases filled at the same time to have different processing times, because each case is separate.

Rene
Old Dec 10th 2020, 9:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-131 and I-765 approved for husband and wife but infant's I-131 still pendi

Originally Posted by destone
My wife's and my I-131 and I-765 got approved, and the combined cards got delivered.

However, our 1-year old infant's I-131 is still pending (all filed at the same time with the I-485s, and biometrics for all the three of us done at the same time). Has anyone come across anything like this?
When I was a baby lawyer back in the ‘70’s, I filed two I-130 visa petitions for a client’s identical twin daughters. They were from a country with a “Family Census Register” system which served as evidence of deaths, births and marriages. In other words, the two petitions were identical except for the personal name. One was adjudicated locally in 21 days. The other? It was adjudicated nine months later having been forwarded to Alaska for processing.

I often used that story to demonstrate “YMMV” is real.

Good luck.