Hurray ive got my appointment

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

mrpilock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hurray ive got my appointment

thank god i dont have to wait on the postie every morning like a mad dog , IT has arived , after months of uncertanty as to what is happening it arived on friday morning my interview is 1st Aug i feel much better about that side of things but the emotional roller coaster just keeps on going UP and DOWN and i know the worst is yet to come where that is concerned , All my family & friends want us to have a leaving party and i dont know if i can face so many good bye`s all at once .

The worst thing will be leaving my kids behind as they chose to stay in England though i take some comfort in the thought that i think they will change there mind within 6 months. I will miss my family too ie,mum,dad,sister & brother ect ive always been the independent one but i love them all and i will miss them but i know im only a flight away.

thanks to every one, this site is a real god send and i want to thank you all its helped more than you know.

CHEERS

kind regards

keith & debs
(ukc)&(usc)

we live in the uk and are dealing with london ins

this is a summary of our time line so far.
march 2002 first thing was to start getting my immunisations brought up to date and send for my police report.
April 9th 2002 posted i-130
April 18th 2002 i-130 returned to us because debs forgot to include her permanent resednce visa.
April 19th 2002 posted i-130 again
April 29th 2002 posted OF-230
April 30th 2002 had last jab (diptheria)
June 10th 2002 posted checklist
June 12th 2002 recieved notice of approval
June 21st 2002 recieved packet 4 (interview & medical date)
Aug 1st 2002 visa approval??? YES or NO you decide (sorry couldnt resist that one, too much big brother i guess)
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hurray ive got my appointment

Keith and Debs,
Congratulations, on Friday I got mine
for the 10th July.
I know what you mean about leaving kids.
I'm taking my 17 year old, but my 16 year old daughter
who lives with her Mum in London is staying (and I'm really
close to her)
She was here when the envelope arrived and it "tempered" the
excitement etc. But she's a wise young owl and has already planned her 1st trip in September, another trip in half-term,
another one during the Xmas holidays, another one in spring half
term. She's got all the dates worked out until next Summer.
I'm also leaving my 21 year old son but he lives in London with
his girlfriend as is doing really well making his own way in life.
So there are emotional "ups and downs" but both my kids are being very adult and accept the fact that I am entitled to happiness with my "new" wife.

Good luck to you both
Roger (+ Ida)
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

sounds like you need to get shares in air america lol
I have three kids eldest son is 14 youngest son is 6 and a daughter age 13 on the 27th i have custody of the eldest two and the youngest lives with his mum(not the eldest two`s mum)they are all ok about it they understand too.

i gave them the choice to go or stay i could have told them they had to go with me but i just couldnt do that to them and i respect there decision i feel shure my daughter will change her mind soon after i leave but im not so shure about my eldest son.
my youngest son i only have at weekends and some of the holidays his mum has been really horible to debs (wife) and has even assaulted her she uses my son in her game filling his head with nasty comments thankfully hes wise to this and loves debs regardless so though i love him very much i think in the long run it may help when she realises hes not a paun and gets on with her life i will be in touch with them always and intend to visit twice a year hopefully and send them tickets too whenever possible.

Where abouts u the states?

kind regards

keith & debs
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi Y'all !!
Initially we'll be living in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Ida (my wife) went back about 6 weeks ago to start work,
rent somewhere for us to live, buy a car etc. So at least
we'll be "settled" as soon as we get there.
Then it's SSN, Driving licences (I just found out that at
52 years of age I have to sit an exam and take a driving test !!)
My direct email is one here, if you want to keep in touch.

Wher will you be going ?
Regards
Roger (+ Ida)
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

hi again,
we will be going to houston texas to start with as debs family live there in bacliff which is about 10 mins from galveston then we will probably go up to dallas to live as i have a job waiting there for me unless i find i better job in houston.
i guess the first thing i will do is get a social security number and take some (us) driving tuition and test i know i can drive on my (uk) licence for a year but i may as well get the (us) one as soon as i can, Do you have property here in uk to sell? & are you shipping any personal effects out there?
we found a company near us that will ship 10 tea chest sized boxes door to door for £375 +ins i even looked into shipping my american truck back to the us for £850 bur theres too much regulations on emmision and noise pollution and theres a chance they would crush it on docking if it doesn`t meet there regs so ill have to part with my big toy boo hoo anyway it would like taking coal to barnsley. lol
hope you interview goes well, are you going alone?

kind regards

keith & debs
(35) (40)
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I can't get used to the fact that each State has different laws.
In Virginia, it's Catch 22.
I can drive on my UK license but have to apply for Virginia
licence within 30 days of taking up residency and then I can't
use my UK license !!
I'm taking my 17 year old daughter with me, I hope she doen't get
homesick missing her Mum,Sister, firends and college mates.
My aim is to keep her as busy as possible, fortunately my wife has
a large family and several nieces and nephews of Katie's age.
I've got a house to sell, I've been taking viewing for a couple of weeks but am reluctant to accept any offers until I have the visa
in my grubby little hands.
I'm looking at renting it out on a short let while the sale process
goes through, so that I can leave asap and not have to worry about leaving it empty. Round here (Coventry) as soon as the local kids know it's empty they'll break in, party, burn the place down and them I'll end up owing the Halifax for the rest of my life,
and insurance on an empty property is astronomical, even if I could get it.
I'm really said that I'll have to leave my 13 years old BMW
behind )
That trucking company sounds interesting, I'm still getting quotes the lowest so far is about £600 to ship 7 boxes.
Cheers.
Roger (+ Ida) .....does that make me a trailing spouse ????