Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How to speak to an actual person at USCIS? Or maybe someone here can answer?

How to speak to an actual person at USCIS? Or maybe someone here can answer?

Old Aug 24th 2021, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default How to speak to an actual person at USCIS? Or maybe someone here can answer?

Does anyone know how to speak to an actual person in USCIS? I get the computer person and she cannot answer my question, then hangs up!

My daughter (aged 20) has received her citizenship interview date and time. I have not. We were hoping to go through the process at the same time. We submitted the application at the same time.

Also my other daughter has just turned 18, does she still get to come under my application?

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2021, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to speak to an actual person at USCIS? Or maybe someone here can answer?

Our daughter’s interview and oath ceremony was 3 mths after sending in our applications. Ours was 6 mths. We figured because of her age (20) there was less security/background checks to be done.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 10:00 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to speak to an actual person at USCIS? Or maybe someone here can answer?

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Does anyone know how to speak to an actual person in USCIS? I get the computer person and she cannot answer my question, then hangs up!

My daughter (aged 20) has received her citizenship interview date and time. I have not. We were hoping to go through the process at the same time. We submitted the application at the same time.

Also my other daughter has just turned 18, does she still get to come under my application?

Thanks
The only way I found that really worked to speak to a human was an inforpass, unfortunately the answer was, it’s in process… The only way I found to make things move was to contact my then GF/now wife’s Congress woman’s office, but as you have a GC unless there is an election you want to participate in I can’t see them trying to sped anything up… and also bear in mind with delays getting US passports right now becoming a USC may prevent any international travel plans you might have…

At least you are getting some progress, there are people outside the US who can’t get visa’s because of massive backlogs.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
The only way I found that really worked to speak to a human was an inforpass, unfortunately the answer was, it’s in process… The only way I found to make things move was to contact my then GF/now wife’s Congress woman’s office, but as you have a GC unless there is an election you want to participate in I can’t see them trying to sped anything up… and also bear in mind with delays getting US passports right now becoming a USC may prevent any international travel plans you might have…

At least you are getting some progress, there are people outside the US who can’t get visa’s because of massive backlogs.
I assumed that you can still get back into the US on an unexpired GC + valid foreign passport while your first US passport is pending.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 10:47 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
I assumed that you can still get back into the US on an unexpired GC + valid foreign passport while your first US passport is pending.
No, you give up your GC at your oath ceremony, then you send away your original naturalization certificate to get folded and a staple put through it by the passport agency, so you have nothing except your foreign passport(‘s) until your new US passport arrives, and that wait is now very long… stop thinking logically when it comes to these things… I timed mine so I could choose when to be “grounded”, and renewed my other passports at the same time since I could not travel anyway…

Last edited by tht; Aug 24th 2021 at 10:55 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 11:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wibblypig

Thanks
I don't believe there is a provision that will allow your now 18 year old to get citizenship based on your naturalization. She needed to be 17 years and 364 days old to still qualify.

As for the interview dates for you and your 20 year old daughter, they are two separate and individual applications. They are not linked together by surnames, relationship or filing or received dates. Hers went to one examiner and yours to another.