Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How Much For A Bloody Passport!!!???

How Much For A Bloody Passport!!!???

Old Dec 20th 2002, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Aaron Sergeant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Much For A Bloody Passport!!!???

$101.00 the Embassy in Washington DC wants for a renewal passport, Back home it's only 33.00 quid, (pound signs not availible on US Key boards) Am I reading the info right, am I mistaken, or is His Exellency the british Ambassador ripping the arse out of it???
All I wanted was to renew my expiring passport
Old Dec 21st 2002, 2:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

You have read it correctly, must I admit I was shocked too.
Looks like they increased the fees in November, because I was sure when I checked it a couple of months ago it was cheaper than that.

Sue
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Aaron in response to your comment "No pound sign" here it is £.
FOR One time use:
If you have windows OS go to start/programs/Accessories/system tools/character map. Choose your font then choose tons of foreign characters & symbols, select that character/copy go back to your doc/email & paste.
"You could also make a shortcut on the desktop to Character map".
If you need to use £ often:
You can also go to start/settings/control panel/key board/language/ADD/ English British, it will ask for the windows disk. The # key becomes the £ key.
Reg. Frank R.

Re the cost of new passport, I renewed mine a couple of years ago. I thought about $60.
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Aaron Sergeant is an unknown quantity at this point

the Computer I'm on is at work and IT will not allow me to do that
but... I checked and double checked, they want $101.00, and thus, I'm not a happy Bunny
I know I can afford it, it's just the principle of the whole deal, new passport should be more expensive than a renewal, as there should be less paper work involved. but in the US Embassy they are doing a dodgy thing, I might try to do this by sending the old passport to England and getting my Dad to renew it.
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

If you are at work, then hold down the ALT key and press 156 this is what you get

£

"Thats the way to do it"

Old Dec 26th 2002, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Ashmann is an unknown quantity at this point

Most countries allow their citizens to return back home on national arilines with an expired passport. British Airways would be the way to go.
Old Jan 1st 2003, 4:05 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

They won't let you travel on an expired passport anymore (so I just found out) thanks to 9/11 unless there is a "verifiable emergency". I have just had to shell out $311Can for a renewal for me and two of my four sprogs. Daylight robbery...