Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long are we allowed out on Advance Parole?

How long are we allowed out on Advance Parole?

Old Oct 17th 2003, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

BrklynGrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long are we allowed out on Advance Parole?

Hi Everyone,

Of course now that we have everything pending, I've up and decided to go back to school. And to make matters worse, I want to go to school in London. Quick background here: My husband (a brit) and I were married this May (he was here on the fiance visa) and we are currently waiting on his AOS. He's been working via the internet with a company in London, so we never bothered to get his EAD, social security or Advance Parole to travel. And being that we are in NY, the word on the street is that we will be waiting another 16 months or so to get the interview for his conditional status. However, I checked our status on BCIS's site today and it said that they were currently taking 120 to 180 days to process this sort of petition (I-485) and that ours was official received Oct. 8th. Does this mean that they will be granting his conditional permanent residency within the next 6 months?

I guess my main question though is this: is there anyway for us to move to London for my schooling on an Advance Parole? I was thinking we could change our address to my parents place (also here in NYC) and they could keep us notified as to any INS mailings. If we were granted an interview during that time we'd be able to fly back for it. Or is this totally against everything the Advance Parole stands for? I just hate the thought of leaving for a year, and coming back and having to start all of this again.

sigh.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long are we allowed out on Advance Parole?

BG,

I can't answer your question directly, but I can tell you that when my ex-wife had her AOS interview the 1st thing the interviewer did was go over the I-485 application and update the information. Including the information about her last entry into the US.

If you do what you are thinking, realize that the interviewer is going to inspect your husband's passport, and the entries there are going to tell the interviewer that your husband is not living in the USA.

It could possibly be a very short interview.

Originally posted by BrklynGrl
Hi Everyone,

Of course now that we have everything pending, I've up and decided to go back to school. And to make matters worse, I want to go to school in London. Quick background here: My husband (a brit) and I were married this May (he was here on the fiance visa) and we are currently waiting on his AOS. He's been working via the internet with a company in London, so we never bothered to get his EAD, social security or Advance Parole to travel. And being that we are in NY, the word on the street is that we will be waiting another 16 months or so to get the interview for his conditional status. However, I checked our status on BCIS's site today and it said that they were currently taking 120 to 180 days to process this sort of petition (I-485) and that ours was official received Oct. 8th. Does this mean that they will be granting his conditional permanent residency within the next 6 months?

I guess my main question though is this: is there anyway for us to move to London for my schooling on an Advance Parole? I was thinking we could change our address to my parents place (also here in NYC) and they could keep us notified as to any INS mailings. If we were granted an interview during that time we'd be able to fly back for it. Or is this totally against everything the Advance Parole stands for? I just hate the thought of leaving for a year, and coming back and having to start all of this again.

sigh.