Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long before I receive a NOA of AOS

How long before I receive a NOA of AOS

Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

lemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long before I receive a NOA of AOS

Hello:

I would like to know how long before I receive a NOA when I sent the AOS for a K1 Visa that married within 90 days of entry.

I sent it to Boston and I live in Florida.

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long before I receive a NOA of AOS

Originally Posted by lemon
Hello:

I would like to know how long before I receive a NOA when I sent the AOS for a K1 Visa that married within 90 days of entry.

I sent it to Boston and I live in Florida.

Thanks
Well, we live in Phoenix and sent it to Phoenix local office, who forwarded it to MSC. It took about 2 weeks to get the NOA in the mail.

Just curious why you sent it to Boston if you live in Florida?

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

eliwide is an unknown quantity at this point

I filed in Los Angeles and it took about 1 1/2 months.... in fact received my biometrics appointment letter before the NOA...

Andrew
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Well, we live in Phoenix and sent it to Phoenix local office, who forwarded it to MSC. It took about 2 weeks to get the NOA in the mail.

Just curious why you sent it to Boston if you live in Florida?

Rene

I did send it the first time to District Office in Miami, but they sent it back saying that they do not process AOS no more starting Jan 1st 2005.

They sent everything back with a letter that I must send it to Boston.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I did send it the first time to District Office in Miami, but they sent it back saying that they do not process AOS no more starting Jan 1st 2005.

Wow, interesting! I hope you hear something soon!

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:25 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine to Atlanta on October 1st and got a NOA dated October 23rd (2003).

Hmm, that's weird. Are you sure you didn't mean the NBC in Chicago? Because Florida is supposed to send I-485's to Chicago since Decmber 1st 2004: http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...ox11_23_04.pdf
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steffi

Hmm, that's weird. Are you sure you didn't mean the NBC in Chicago? Because Florida is supposed to send I-485's to Chicago since Decmber 1st 2004: http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...ox11_23_04.pdf

That's right, Chicago.
I'll write the letter I got from them so you can read.

Thanks for the correction.
I'm not at home right now, so I dont have the letter handy.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got the I797 in the mail today. Now I have to set up appointments for the Biometrics and Fingerprinting.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

This is what the letter says:

<QUOTE>
Beginning december 1,2004 a direct mail program was initiated in the state of Florida for applicants filing Forms I-485 (family based Adjustments Only), I-765, and/or I-131, along with any supporting evidence, under certain specified categories.

Forma falling under these certain specified categories are sent to a centralized location (rather than a USCIC Field Office) for fee receipt, data entry and initial processing. A 30-day transition period was established beginning december 1, 2004 and ending December 31, 2004, whereby the USCIS Field Offices transferred applications, on behalf of the applicant, to the centralized location.

Your applications/ forms I485-FP and your checks/money orders in the amount of 385, are being returned to you because the transition period ended. Please foward your applcations/ forms to the appropriate address below.

US postal Mail:
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
PO BOX 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
</QUOTE>

I also noticed that the day the sent the first letter also matches the day of the I797 Received date.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:54 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi

MSC/NBC isn't in chicago but in Missouri.
The lockbox is in chicago
Sorry I couldn't resist the temptation!!!