Home visit from USCIS

Old Mar 15th 2019, 1:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home visit from USCIS

Originally Posted by PetrifiedExPat
The whole point of concern is also based on here-say (i.e. an old neighbor told me...). It could have been the local Investment Society (UCIS, a huge trip for them from Christchurch, Canterbury!) who showed up! Not sure any of my American relatives would have a clue what USCIS even is..
Why do you call this "hear say"? Why would USCIS visit Plano TX from Christchurch, Canterbury? The OP lives in Texas, not in Oz or in the UK. He has moved several times in the US so USCIS (perhaps left a card) when they spoke with the former neighbor. Hopefully, she gave them his new address and phone number.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jtb87
I’m on a green card, have no conditions, and am divorced as of about a year ago.
Recently, I was called by my old next door neighbour to say that USCIS visited and were looking for me (even though I have kept my details up to date through their website). They asked a few questions and then left.
I haven’t heard anything from USCIS to explain why I’m being visited, (at an old address).
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what happened? Should I be concerned?
Have you spoken to the people who answered the door?
Old Mar 15th 2019, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Exactamundo and they are part of USCIS so I don't see what the problem is. They are allowed to visit your home if warranted. Do they do it to all immigrants/aliens/GC holders on a regular basis with no suspicion of offences then the answer is NO
Pretty sure USCIS and ICE are quite separate bureaus in the DHS - that was the whole point of breaking up the old INS, to have separate bureaus for processing immigration benefits and for immigration enforcement. OP can at least be assured that if the officers were indeed from USCIS, he is not on ICE's radar!