E2 renewal and I-130 approval

Old Mar 18th 2019, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

nhorton5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 renewal and I-130 approval

Hi All!

I have been lurking for a while but I wondered if anyone here has been through a similar situation...

I am currently in the US on an E2 visa, which was issued Dec 5th 2017 and is due to expire this year. I also have an approved I-130 with the priority date Jun 30th 2014. The I-130 caused me a lot of grief at the E2 interview!! It was rather traumatic and has left my terrified about the renewal process. Luckily for me I had Chinese and Indian visas in my passport and I think these caused them to agree to issue the visa. I could hear them discussing me, my business plan and the additional visas through the wall! I have followed my business plan, filed my own taxes, made profit, employed Americans and grown the business so I shouldn't really have too much to fear except... my priority date for filing has come up (Aprils bulletin) and now I'm not sure if I should hold off filing until I have renewed my E2 or file with the NVC before I renew?!

Does anyone have experience renewing an E2 with an approved I-130? Or does anyone have experience with the process of filing with NVC? Do I file but then have to wait until the final action date is current to be invited for an interview?

Or probably the question I should be asking, does anyone know of a good immigration attorney?
Old Mar 19th 2019, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 renewal and I-130 approval

Are you looking for a E2 visa or status?

E2 is non immigrant and the I 130 suggests immigrant hence the confusion.
Old Mar 19th 2019, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

I have a current E2 and my I-130 is approved (2014) but I haven’t filed my DS-260 yet. The I-130 is the first step, when there is a visa number available I then have to file the DS-260 and pay the fees.
Old Mar 19th 2019, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unmarried son or daughter?
Old Mar 19th 2019, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

That’s the one. F2B. Luckily I could stay in that category even after my parents became citizens