Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Hip Hip Hooray.. Our I-601 is approved!

Hip Hip Hooray.. Our I-601 is approved!

Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:46 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Hip Hip Hooray.. Our I-601 is approved!

Yep

you read that right...

I had to read the notice 3 times.. the first two times I was in shock and the tears were in the way!!

We sent in additional documents in answer to the RFE we received on April 15th.. I sent it with "signature required" but did not get one.. so I called last Monday.. just to double check.. "I didnt see anything" the man said.. to which I was like.. oh my gawd, dont tell me that... "let me check, I think ONE thing came in (just a theory, but I am thinking they dont get a lot of mail there..)
he came back and said.. "yes" to which I said "can you..." "no!" then he said the guy looking after it is on holidays this week..."

so I thanked him for his time and hung up....

thinking maybe it might get looked at this week.. or perhaps we were in for a wait of another couple months? who knows... we submitted in dec.. so its been 4 months already... 2 of which we were gathering the necessary supportive docs.. anyhoo...

I shuffle down to the mailbox last night at 930.. got one thing... got back to the house, went thru the mail again.. oh! something from Montreal.. thinking it was probably a "this is to inform you that we got your docs and the processing time for this sort of case is 6-8 weeks..." but no.. as I read those words over the phone to my man.... bracing for who knows what, cuz really it could go either way..and there was only 5 lines on the page...it was dated April 21.. only 6 days after I sent in the stuff.. whoa, that was fast.. and buddy, working from home on our case even.. nice!! (kidding!!)

boom!

anyway.. not to go on and on..

those of you filing I-601's.. dont give up.. get what is asked, and then add more!

thanks to those who have been a good support.. this site has helped (and frustrated me too a little.. but chapter one, I think, is now behind us..

onwards and upwards..

Rene and Sadeigh!! get the patio ready, we are coming for that drink !!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

rainbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hip Hip Hooray.. Our I-601 is approved!

Congratulations! You must be very happy. I just got one approved last month and was so excited. All the best to your new life together!!!
-rainbow
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:07 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

[

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopping up down for you!!!
Gives us hope for sure!!! I am so happy for you I could Cry!!!!

I was going to PM you last night but decided against it.

YEA!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by souls canuck
Yep

you read that right...

I had to read the notice 3 times.. the first two times I was in shock and the tears were in the way!!

We sent in additional documents in answer to the RFE we received on April 15th.. I sent it with "signature required" but did not get one.. so I called last Monday.. just to double check.. "I didnt see anything" the man said.. to which I was like.. oh my gawd, dont tell me that... "let me check, I think ONE thing came in (just a theory, but I am thinking they dont get a lot of mail there..)
he came back and said.. "yes" to which I said "can you..." "no!" then he said the guy looking after it is on holidays this week..."

thinking maybe it might get looked at this week.. or perhaps we were in for a wait of another couple months? who knows... we submitted in dec.. so its been 4 months already... 2 of which we were gathering the necessary supportive docs.. anyhoo...

I shuffle down to the mailbox last night at 930.. got one thing... got back to the house, went thru the mail again.. oh! something from Montreal.. thinking it was probably a "this is to inform you that we got your docs and the processing time for this sort of case is 6-8 weeks..." but no.. as I read those words over the phone to my man.... bracing for who knows what, cuz really it could go either way..and there was only 5 lines on the page...it was dated April 21.. only 6 days after I sent in the stuff.. whoa, that was fast.. and buddy, working from home on our case even.. nice!! (kidding!!)

boom!

those of you filing I-601's.. dont give up.. get what is asked, and then add more!

thanks to those who have been a good support.. this site has helped (and frustrated me too a little.. but chapter one, I think, is now behind us..

onwards and upwards..

Rene and Sadeigh!! get the patio ready, we are coming for that drink !! [/QUOTE]
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I can feel your excitement.

Now for Clare and Steven's approval.

Rete
Old Apr 27th 2004, 4:54 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Well,
Not much extra to add. It's not over yet but the together part will soon be a reality. After all we've been through it really has strengthened my love and resolve. It's taught me patience and humility. They are not lessons I would have asked for but lessons I'll apply in everyday life as we continue the journey together. Again this place has been a blessing and sometimes a curse. Good luck to the rest of Y'all still waiting. Some folks here I'd like to hug for helping us out and some I'd like to throttle, but regardless, we all have this place in common and without it, I would not have got this far. Finally for you 601'ers, you are all in my thoughts. Clare and Steven, you especially, every possible thing I can cross on me (fingers, toes, eyes) is crossed for you. Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:16 pm
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by souls canuck
Yep

you read that right...

boom!

onwards and upwards..

Rene and Sadeigh!! get the patio ready, we are coming for that drink !!
:PARTY:
Congratulations
I know you were freaking out it must have been a great feeling
Good luck and wishing you a speedy visa - fellow I-601 waiting to become a I-601 retiree like u !!!!!!!

Last edited by Nassara; Apr 27th 2004 at 5:18 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! That's so fantastic! I knew there was a reason I checked in here today!! I'm soooo happy for you guys....I better get Sadegh cracking on that patio work!

Soulsender, I couldn't have summed it up better myself!

Congratulations!!! (((( HUGS ))))

Rene & Sadegh
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:23 am
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

YAY!! fantastic news, you two!!! I'm so happy for you both! The hardest part is over :-)

CONGRATS!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:55 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

thanks for all your good wishes people
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:46 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Mr & Mrs Souls...

Well finally!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so very happy for you guys, you totally deserved this great news and as you said, it gives other 601'ers a little more faith seeing people get theirs approved.

This is the first time i've been on here in ages and yours was the very first thread I read....good reading.

Now you can look forward to the real stresses of being together finally with hubby-to-be and being "home".

Charlie
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I am soooooooooooo happy for you, I can only imagine how exited you must be!!!!

I am only dreaming of that day!

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old May 1st 2004, 7:55 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, how the heck did I miss this thread?? (I just sent you an email too...geeze LOL
I am SO happy for you both! WOOHOO!!!
We still have to respond to the RFE...about 2 more weeks and we'll be ready.
I wish you both the best of luck in the future and always.
Congratulations!!
Clare