here in USA need advice

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:59 am
Just Joined

chanteldmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face here in USA need advice

hello, I am also to receive immigration advice but i wanted to see what you guys have experienced about this and advice.

How long goes it take if I am a permenent resident filing for my husband to come to the USA? I know you file a I-130 but I have heard it can take 5 6 yrs to get a visa number is that right? I have only been in the USA for one year so cannot apply for citizenship for another 4 years.

Could you advise? Also my present boyfriend (we are not married as yet!) was denied a visa (124b) (he is a Kenyan living in the UK) because he didnt show enough financial ties in the UK and now he is applying for a UK citizenship so he can at least hopefully, if they let him in, visit me here in the USA, he now has stronger financial ties here but we are too scared to apply for another visa just in case he gets turned down again. He at least can try visit me by visa waiver. Even then Ive heard he could get refused entry???? Help
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: here in USA need advice

Originally Posted by chanteldmx
How long goes it take if I am a permenent resident filing for my husband to come to the USA? I know you file a I-130 but I have heard it can take 5 6 yrs to get a visa number is that right?
Yes, this is true.

Could you advise?
As soon as you are married, you can file an I-130 for him as a PR. While he is waiting for visa number to become available, whenever you qualify you can become a USC, and upgrade his petition to spouse of USC. Then a visa number becomes immedately available, and takes probably less than 1 year to get his immigrant visa granted.

Also my present boyfriend (we are not married as yet!) was denied a visa (124b) (he is a Kenyan living in the UK) because he didnt show enough financial ties in the UK and now he is applying for a UK citizenship so he can at least hopefully, if they let him in, visit me here in the USA, he now has stronger financial ties here but we are too scared to apply for another visa just in case he gets turned down again. He at least can try visit me by visa waiver. Even then Ive heard he could get refused entry???? Help
That's true. It's always up to the POE officer to allow entry or not. If your boyfriend/husband shows strong enough ties to the UK, he has a better chance of getting entry to the USA. When he becomes a UKC, he can try using the VWP for visiting, but still should show strong ties.

Best Wishes,
Rene