Help us please

Old Apr 9th 2001, 7:40 am
Jean

In 1998 I left my abusive husband in the UK, got on a plane to the US (Waiver Visa)
and stayed with friends in SC and then Canada. When it was time for me to return to
the UK - I was too frightened to get on the plane (my ex said he would make sure he
found me if I was in the UK and I would be in trouble) so I stayed with friends again
until November 1999 when I moved in with my now fiance. He lost his job - had to move
back with his parents - I had to return to the UK - We want to be married and live in
the US - How can we do this when I overstayed my visa????

Old Apr 9th 2001, 3:06 pm
cutiepiepudding

If you overstayed in the US for more than six months, you're banned from re-entering
for three years. Twelve months, it's ten years. Unless, of course, you somehow
managed to 'forget' to turn your I-94 in when you left after your overstay(s).
However, that doesn't stop your fiancee joining you in the UK, or prevent you from
attempting to re-enter the US illegally if you like drama.

That aside, though, since you already have a track record of marrying badly, why
would you consider marrying someone who loses a job (which can happen to anyone) and
has to move back with his folks (which happens only to people who don't want to
work), leaving you utterly ****ed and having to return to the UK? Assuming he has the
requisite number of arms and legs, that needn't have happened and you would appear to
be intent on marrying another self-centered loser if you don't mind me saying so. I'd
say your loversdream is knackered unless you think Bubba would be prepared to move to
the UK. But he won't, and you know it!

Pip, pip.

Old Apr 10th 2001, 4:05 pm
jason

it's not too hard for you if over stay. justwait for 2 year from the day you left us
then your fiance fly to uk got marry over there after that you guy files i130 .so
excatly three years she can come too us and become permant resident.

>
    >
    >
    >
be
    >
moved
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 11th 2001, 2:14 am
RolinBeans

I don't know all of the specifics, but right now (in Florida, not sure about other
states) if you pay $1000 they are willing to "overlook" overstayed visas and illegal
aliens to get the abundance of immigrants legalized. Once married, you automatically
apply for AOS. This is only good until APril 30 2001 (I feel like a comercial offer)
but it seems to be a great thing. you can do this anywhere in florida, and then are
elligable for residency. they are saying once married through this "deal", AOS shall
only take 8-10 months if marrying a US born citizen. hope that helped some. Becca

Old Apr 11th 2001, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you might need to be in the us to do that it is the Life act 245i something like that you may want to check pervious news group posts or go to the ins website and see what it says there or even try putting life act into a search engine. Other option you have is to talk to a lawyer and see what s/he says. I was able to talk to one who answered all the questions I had about the I 129F for now charge, but we didn't have an issues such as an overstay.