Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help n400 . Complex situation . Have you ever lied?

Help n400 . Complex situation . Have you ever lied?

Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Ragbir is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Help n400 . Complex situation . Have you ever lied?

I am a green card holder from last 6 years . Planning to apply for citizenship .

Warning :- My case is complex so this post will be little long .

Q1) i lied to the judge on my case for assylum , out of guilt i confessed to her and told her the truth . My case was tranferring from assylum to marrying US CITIZEN . she passed my case .(guess she forgave me ).

Q2) Domestic violence :- 7 years ago on labour day night , me n my wife were drinking n she got super drunk ( we dont usually drink ) . She blacked out and fell face first on metal desk in the garrage . I was unaware . Alot of family memebers was there for the party upstairs . Her sister in law thought i hit her and she called the cops . Still unaware . Next thing i remeber was being arrested . Got out on bail next day . Went on the first court date which was just introduction , second date it was dismissed . Stating IOJ (in order of justice) i guess ............this was before i got my green card ....so i told my assylum judge what happened ......she wait for the case to get dismiss and passed my case .......

So in both problem areas my judge knew and gave me the green card .
What do you guys think will happen......i will tell them every thing honestly...besides that i don't even have a seat belt ticket .....

In next post ill will give my back story .....thanks you for patiently reading
Pardon my poor english .

Last edited by Ragbir; Sep 24th 2016 at 8:52 am.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Help n400 . Complex situation . Have you ever lied?

Back story .
I came to us in 2003 on visa . Filled an fake asylum case . Got married 2006 with a us citizen , we have a child together n still happily married .
When my asylum case was not looking good we changed the case to marrying a us citizen .( it was a long process of appeals and court dates )
After us is interview i still had go to judge because of that asylum case , so she could give me green card . I felt guilty about asylum case .. N asked the just if i can say some thing ....n told her the truth ...big weight off my chest ......i felt better ...even tho thinking that she will deny it .....Because of my daughter and my wife she gave me the green card ......
So all this is about 6 to 7 years old .....and the just knew the whole story ........and she granted me the stat......

Besides that i never gotten in trouble with law....not even a traffic ticket ..

I will be getting an attorney probably my old one , but just wanna know your guys opinion ,and wanted to share my complex case ... So do you guys think i have a chance .any tips , ideas n advices are welcome ..
Thanx in advance .
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragbir
My case is complex so this post will be little long .
The question on the N-400 is "Have you ever lied to any US Government official to gain entry or admission into the United States or to gain immigration benefits while in the United States?"... and the answer to that question is, clearly, "YES".

You deliberately put yourself in this position - and now you must live with the consequences of those decisions.

Considering you have such a complicated issue... I'm amazed that you posted on an open Internet forum and admitted to violating US immigration law. I'm pretty sure your immigration attorney would have advised you not to do that.

Ian
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

thanx for the advice . i will keep that in mind next time .

i was gonna answer yes ....since i confessed to the judge i decided that i was never gonna lie in court under oath .....

my main reason for this post is to see what you guys think of my case ..as alot of our fellow members are experts....do you guys think i might get it.......just ur guys opinion or prediction if you know what i mean ....
thanx again
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

What do I think of your case, You lied now live with the consequence.

Ok judgmental response. (I've been at work since 230am, in a bad mood!)

Mods delete if unacceptable.

Last edited by dj6372; Sep 24th 2016 at 1:39 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

some people just don't get it . ofcource im gonna face and live with the consequence ....
point is DHS jugde granted releif even after knowing both the problems....
also its more than seven years now.....and the domestic violence thing i wast even charged ...
here to get experts opinion ....what they think.....

Hope the immigration officer don't turn out to be like you brother ....lol....
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, many of the members have experience navigating the immigration pathways. None of us are immigration attorneys nor immigration paralegals and absolutely none of us are soothsayers. What the outcome of your N-400 will be is up to the officers adjudicating your case.

Experience shows that the interviewing officer, if the case gets that far, will not be able to make an outright decision but will have to give the case over to their superiors to make the final decision.

Through reading I've found that decisions can be overturned and the final disposition by the immigration judge who ruled in our favor can be set aside.

If I were walking in your shoes, I would not do this without the assistance of an immigration attorney. You've lied to gain an immigration benefit and even though the abuse case was dismissed, it is still something that needs to be declared and dealt with.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor to become a US Citizen.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 24th 2016 at 1:51 pm. Reason: PS You asked for opinions. If some are not to your liking or judgemental, then you just have to live with it.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanx you rate .... this answers my qestion....really appretiate it
Old Sep 24th 2016, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have gathered from others on here, the process of becoming a US citizen is quite forensic in cross examining the applicant.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't even try it.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

So i should not even apply for it ?
im sad ....but i guess thats reallity .....

I think i tiled this thread wrong ....
users thinking i am asking whether to say ...Thats not true
i was gonna say yes ....n ive mentioned it in the post .....if i apply i will tell the truth ....otherwise its a suicide mission...

so question is should i apply or not ....
if i do what you guys think might the output be.....
just a rough guess........thanx

Last edited by Ragbir; Sep 24th 2016 at 3:22 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think you should apply.

I also think you will be approved.

Just for fun, my opinion only.

Rene
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

i am going tommorow ...thanx bro....i feel very confident now..
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

so question is should i apply or not ....
Yes, apply.

if i do what you guys think might the output be.....
There are only 2 possible outcomes - the application will be approved, or it will be denied.

just a rough guess.....
In that case: 50/50.

Ian
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

kool...

By any chance do u guys think they might take my permenant residency away ? and deport me ..
Old Sep 24th 2016, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i am going tommorow ...thanx bro....i feel very confident now..
Going where?

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.