Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help and hints wanted for immigration to usa

Help and hints wanted for immigration to usa

Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

karlcowling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and hints wanted for immigration to usa

Hi, I am new to this forum and am totally baffled as to how myself and family can move to and live permenantly in the USA. Visited many times and love the whole set up and way of life. Everything appears very proffensionally run. I am a serving police officer and my wife is currently in year 2 of a 2 year pharmacists dispensers qualification course. Two sons aged 19 and 12. So whats the score.....? Do I have to suffer the UK forever or can any one give me some advice as to moving to the most organised country in the world?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and hints wanted for immigration to usa

Originally Posted by karlcowling
Hi, I am new to this forum and am totally baffled as to how myself and family can move to and live permenantly in the USA. Visited many times and love the whole set up and way of life. Everything appears very proffensionally run. I am a serving police officer and my wife is currently in year 2 of a 2 year pharmacists dispensers qualification course. Two sons aged 19 and 12. So whats the score.....? Do I have to suffer the UK forever or can any one give me some advice as to moving to the most organised country in the world?
It's very difficult I'm afraid. You need to read this and see if you fit any of the criteria.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do I have to suffer the UK forever or can any one give me some advice as to moving to the most organised country in the world?
EM has given you a great link... look it over and see what fits. I must say though, the grass is always greener... and if you think the US is "the most organised country in the world" I'm afraid you're in for a let down!

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
EM has given you a great link... look it over and see what fits. I must say though, the grass is always greener... and if you think the US is "the most organised country in the world" I'm afraid you're in for a let down!

Ian
I am biting my tongue...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I am biting my tongue...
PM on the way shortly...

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I am biting my tongue...
Me too... and I've only been here 2 weeks.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

"most organised" excludes USCIS, of course!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
"most organised" excludes USCIS, of course!!
a cross and a head of garlic............ quick!!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:40 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just say, I don't blame you for wanting out of UK, I think the way Gordon Clown is treating the British Police force is disgusting. It IS difficult to get into US but not impossible. Oh and I think the grass IS greener (and I'm from Wales - "Green, green grass of home"....? oh never mind!) Good luck with it all. Have you looked into Australia or Canada, I mean, if you're that fed up with old Blighty? Just a thought...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I.....? Do I have to suffer the UK forever or can any one give me some advice as to moving to the most organised country in the world?
Just out of interest where did you visit to get this most organized view
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:41 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Can I just say, I don't blame you for wanting out of UK, I think the way Gordon Clown is treating the British Police force is disgusting. It IS difficult to get into US but not impossible. Oh and I think the grass IS greener (and I'm from Wales - "Green, green grass of home"....? oh never mind!) Good luck with it all. Have you looked into Australia or Canada, I mean, if you're that fed up with old Blighty? Just a thought...
Be sure to relinquish your British passport - clearly you won't be needing it anymore...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, I just go for different.

However on the basis of what has been posted, best to look elsewhere.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

moving to the most organised country in the world?
Wasn't that Nazi Germany?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:33 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Six of one, half a dozen of the other, I just go for different.

However on the basis of what has been posted, best to look elsewhere.
Not to mention that it's hard to be a cop here without US citizenship.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

OK I love living here but organised? Hmm. I used to live in Holland which was badly organised but even in a foreign language I could figure my way. I was ready to use my return ticket 3 weeks into being here after the frustration of dealing with how many circles you have to run around in to get anything done here. You get used to it over time, but wow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.