Have i got this right?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Have i got this right?

OK

I think i have to go back to plan A

I will go over with work and take my youngest she can sign up to some sort of study to saty longer

I am looking for care work for my eldest as she has some good quals and experiance

Thanks for the help guys

Steve
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
You didn't ask about the wait time for the IR-1 visas. For you and her mother, there will be no waiting period except for the processing timeline. However, for her sister's the wait will be years and years.

Yes, her petition of you and her mother will be for an immediate relative visa, which if granted by the USCIS stateside and forwarded to the US Consulate abroad and then approved after interview, will mean that you will enter the US as permanent residents.

As for the financial issue, she will need to show income of 125% of the poverty guideline for a family her size plus you and her mother. If she is using assets it is 125% of the poverty guidelines X 3. It can be a combination of both.
Rete:

Gentle reminder -- the 3x rule is for immediate relative spouses only. Immediate relative parents are subject to the standard 5x rule. The logic is that spouse can naturalize after 3 years but parents are subject to the standard 5 year requirement.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by skydivingisfun
one is under 21 the other is over
Hi:

For the under 21, it may be possible that the Child Status Protection Act may come into play.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

For the under 21, it may be possible that the Child Status Protection Act may come into play.
Thought USCIS had unilaterally decided it wasn't worth bothering with?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You and your wife can immigrate based on your daughter's petitions. Once you guys become USC's, you can then petition for your children to immigrate. That's another possible route for you.

Otherwise, if you want the kids to come over sooner than the sibling visa allows, they will have to find their own way in....through work or study, most likely.

Rene
Hi:

LPR's can only petition for the UNmarried offspring. If they marry before parent naturalizes, then the whole I-130 is considered revoked. If and when parent naturalizes, if offspring still married -- the FB-2 will be converted to FB-1 -- then marriage and divorces of beneficiary will cause conversions between FB-1 & F-3.

Further tip -- an I-130 should be filed for EACH classification they are qualified for -- so not only should sister file, but BOTH parents should file those "FB-2" I-130's ASAP. Given the backlogs, there is no way of telling of which visa petition will be used.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Hi:

LPR's can only petition for the UNmarried offspring. If they marry before parent naturalizes, then the whole I-130 is considered revoked. If and when parent naturalizes, if offspring still married -- the FB-2 will be converted to FB-1 -- then marriage and divorces of beneficiary will cause conversions between FB-1 & F-3.

Further tip -- an I-130 should be filed for EACH classification they are qualified for -- so not only should sister file, but BOTH parents should file those "FB-2" I-130's ASAP. Given the backlogs, there is no way of telling of which visa petition will be used.
Wow this going to take some reading and understanding

Google time
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm not the only one who read that and thought "What the f......???"
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:03 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
Glad I'm not the only one who read that and thought "What the f......???"
I thought he was actually clear and precise in that post. But there you go...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Clear and concise doesn't really help when it's written in a different language.. heh. Then again, I don't need to understand it!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:25 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by augigi
Clear and concise doesn't really help when it's written in a different language.. heh. Then again, I don't need to understand it!
For this subject, I'll take it over cryptic any day.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

I got a phone call from an attorney in CA last night he is going to phone me at 6pm UK time tonight to discuss my options it is a free consultation so i will draw up a list of questions today

Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

OK I have just got off the phone with an attorney based in CA USA, really nice and helpful guy PM me if you want contact details

He has come up with possibilities for my move

Me the Mrs and my youngest daughter go over with my job on a L1 visa, he said that after just 60 days he would be applying for our green cards so if that happened my daughter would have hers before she had to leave on her 21st birthday

My eldest daughter would have to go over on a student visa and study for a USA degree, now although she could not work in the main stream apparently she can work from day 1 at the campus she is studying at the attorney believes he can get this all sorted before we fly

Does that sound like a plan?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete:

The logic is that spouse can naturalize after 3 years but parents are subject to the standard 5 year requirement.
For immigrating? Since when. Other married foreigners on the board who naturalized after 3 years of residency have petitioned for parents and have been successful?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I got a phone call from an attorney in CA last night he is going to phone me at 6pm UK time tonight to discuss my options it is a free consultation so i will draw up a list of questions today

From California and free? My oh my, aren't you the lucky one
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Me the Mrs and my youngest daughter go over with my job on a L1 visa, he said that after just 60 days he would be applying for our green cards so if that happened my daughter would have hers before she had to leave on her 21st birthday
Make sure you get the employer to state in your contract that he will be applying for your green cards, and the date he will be applying. If it's not in your contract, he doesn't have to do it.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.