Have i got this right?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold
Default Have i got this right?

Hi All

Have i worked this out right?

in 12 months my daughter who is married to a USC will have had her green card 3 years
She can then apply for citizanship?
Once she has this she can sponsor my wife and i and her 2 sisters?

I have read various web sites and that is the impression i get?

Thanks
Steve
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have i got this right?

Originally Posted by skydivingisfun
Hi All

in 12 months my daughter who is married to a USC will have had her green card 3 years

Thanks
Steve
Hi:

Yes.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic it will be worth the wait when they say sponsor us would that be for a green card?
Also it states that part of the sponsorship she needs to show 125% available funds above the poverty line, is it worth me sending her say £200 per month to build her bank balance up gently

Thanks again
Steve
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic it will be worth the wait when they say sponsor us would that be for a green card?
Also it states that part of the sponsorship she needs to show 125% available funds above the poverty line, is it worth me sending her say £200 per month to build her bank balance up gently

Thanks again
Steve
Her yearly income will be the main declaration for the sponsorship
Also be aware that you.. the parent will get visa before her sisters..
probably more than 10 years earlier
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't ask about the wait time for the IR-1 visas. For you and her mother, there will be no waiting period except for the processing timeline. However, for her sister's the wait will be years and years.

Yes, her petition of you and her mother will be for an immediate relative visa, which if granted by the USCIS stateside and forwarded to the US Consulate abroad and then approved after interview, will mean that you will enter the US as permanent residents.

As for the financial issue, she will need to show income of 125% of the poverty guideline for a family her size plus you and her mother. If she is using assets it is 125% of the poverty guidelines X 3. It can be a combination of both.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the info

What about if i get a transfer with my work which is still on the cards would the sponsoring of her sisters be any quicker
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If she is using assets it is 125% of the poverty guidelines X 3. It can be a combination of both.
This might even be x 5 in her case. I think it's only x 3 if it's for a spouse. Not completely sure, but something for the OP to check out.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info

What about if i get a transfer with my work which is still on the cards would the sponsoring of her sisters be any quicker
They will be L-2 if you are L-1
presuming they are under 21
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

one is under 21 the other is over
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info

How old are they?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:16 pm

one is under 21 the other is over
In that case, no.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
This might even be x 5 in her case. I think it's only x 3 if it's for a spouse. Not completely sure, but something for the OP to check out.

Rene
That's correct, Rene. The 3X is for the spouse of a USC only.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks
Steve
the 24 year old will be 34 before she should think of house hunting.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Oh well back to the drawing board

Cheers for the advice

Steve
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:31 pm

Oh well back to the drawing board

Cheers for the advice

Steve
You and your wife can immigrate based on your daughter's petitions. Once you guys become USC's, you can then petition for your children to immigrate. That's another possible route for you.

Otherwise, if you want the kids to come over sooner than the sibling visa allows, they will have to find their own way in....through work or study, most likely.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.