H1B Renewal at Dublin Embassy

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1B Renewal at Dublin Embassy

Hi,

My partner is in the UK renewing his H1B. He has an appointment at the Dublin embassy as the wait time for London was 40 days. His appointment is on Friday, 1st Aug and we have just discovered that 4th Aug is a Bank holiday in Ireland.
Does anyone know if H1B renewals can it be processed in one day? Or is this dependant on workload/busy period. Or is it standard practice that all passports are mailed back to applicants.
He'd obviously like to get it done in one day rather than have to wait through til Tues/wed as he flies back to US on Thursday.

Thanks,
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:14 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of
Default Re: H1B Renewal at Dublin Embassy

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Hi,

My partner is in the UK renewing his H1B. He has an appointment at the Dublin embassy as the wait time for London was 40 days. His appointment is on Friday, 1st Aug and we have just discovered that 4th Aug is a Bank holiday in Ireland.
Does anyone know if H1B renewals can it be processed in one day? Or is this dependant on workload/busy period. Or is it standard practice that all passports are mailed back to applicants.
He'd obviously like to get it done in one day rather than have to wait through til Tues/wed as he flies back to US on Thursday.

Thanks,
I Just had a DV1 visa issued at the Dublin Embassy. They were fairly quick and issued my immigrant visa on the same day as my interview.

People also came in to pick up visas from interviews that they had had that morning.
One or two people with me who were in line for K visas were asked to come back the following morning. I’d say that as it was after 4 pm the staff just did not have time to physically print them into the passports.

So while I cant say 100% that the H1B will be issued on the same day in your case, it is at least worth me pointing out that I saw them hand out a number of visas on the same day, so I would guess where possible it is there policy to do this.
The only mention of mailing out visas was for B non immigrant visas as far as I could see.
As yours is a renewal it will probably be even more straight forward then a first timer one like mine. You could try calling them and outline your concerns they will talk to you on the local number :

“Please contact our Immigrant Visa Unit at +353-1-668-8777 any Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., excepting Irish and American holidays.“
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much. I spoke to a woman at the embassy today and she (obviously) wouldn't commit but said to "beg" and plead extenuating circumstances -dont' know what they could possibly be!! So we're feeling a bit more positive that he wont have to change his flight on Thursday.

Thanks again,
Trish
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:03 am
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Thank you so much. I spoke to a woman at the embassy today and she (obviously) wouldn't commit but said to "beg" and plead extenuating circumstances -dont' know what they could possibly be!! So we're feeling a bit more positive that he wont have to change his flight on Thursday.

Thanks again,
Trish
Excellent. Make sure that he lays it on thick, he will be just fine! Best of luck.