H1-B filing name change issue

Old May 3rd 2006, 7:18 pm
Posts: n/a
Default H1-B filing name change issue


I got married about a year ago and my wife (Binny Aggarwal), is trying
to get her name changed to Binny Bhatnagar. Before marriage she'd
applied for an H1-B with her maiden name and we've got the approval
notice for that. We've already got updated Indian passports with her
married name. We were trying toget her name changed with the Social
Security Office but they said weneed to get it changed with INS (I
guess on her I-94) before that. We called up the INS office and they
say we need to get it changed fromthe port of entry (gave us the
following website - http://cbp.gov/). Calling them resulted in an
automated system asking to dial a known extension. This just seems to
be driving us around in circles. We're trying to make sure that our
Green Cards that my company is filing for me has her married name on it
and also that we don't face any issues when we go for her H1B stamping
in India in November.

Should we get her H1B stamped with her maiden name or married name? Do
we need to file an amended H1-B petition? Am trying to google for this
without much success but if anyone knows relevant links etc. please do
let me know. Can you provide me with any suggestions on how I can try
to do this while still retaining my sanity? Thanks in advance.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.