Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

guest speaker at naturalization ceremony.

guest speaker at naturalization ceremony.

Old Aug 31st 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default guest speaker at naturalization ceremony.

How do people get picked for becoming guest speakers at the naturalization ceremony???

Yesterday one was a Spanish pediatrician and the other was a lady married to a military guy!?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guest speaker at naturalization ceremony.

Originally Posted by whatadiva
How do people get picked for becoming guest speakers at the naturalization ceremony???

Yesterday one was a Spanish pediatrician and the other was a lady married to a military guy!?
When my husband had his naturalization ceremony, the judge asked if anyone wanted to come up and share their story. Three people went up and told very moving stories about why they immigrated and why they became USCs. It was really touching. I don't think it was pre-planned...he invited anyone in the whole group to come up if they wanted to.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:29 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

In my case I was lucky. There was no guest speaker and the judge didn't offer up any invites.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

i never received such offer from the time we entered the building to the time we were allocated out seats, otherwise i would have been glad to to be a guest speaker.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

plus the guest speakers were reading from a paper of their story they have written, so for them it was planned in advanced and i was just wondering how they were asked in the first place to be a guest speaker at the ceremony. oh well. done and dusted now.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
When my husband had his naturalization ceremony, the judge asked if anyone wanted to come up and share their story.
This is exactly what happened at my naturalization ceremony. A couple of people took the mic and told their stories.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 6:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
This is exactly what happened at my naturalization ceremony. A couple of people took the mic and told their stories.
Before going into his ceremony, I vowed I wasn't going to get emotional. I did really well until these people started telling their stories, and then I started crying!! Makes you realize how valuable this really is to some people.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Before going into his ceremony, I vowed I wasn't going to get emotional. I did really well until these people started telling their stories, and then I started crying!! Makes you realize how valuable this really is to some people.

Rene
I surprised myself too. I went in thinking this was just the last bit of paperwork, dot the i and cross the t. I found it quite emotional too and may have blubbed a bit.