green card and company size

Old Feb 14th 2001, 1:32 am
news.home.com

I am currently working for a multinational company with over 5000 employees. I have some
good offers from small companies with employee strength less then 10. i want to know if it
is good to initiate my gc process with the present large company or the company's size
doesn't matter. Thanks in advance P

Old Feb 14th 2001, 1:37 am
Ned

It's more important that the company is stable enough to still be around for your GC
approval which can take 2 years or more from start to finish.

> I am currently working for a multinational company with over 5000 employees. I have some
> good offers from small companies with employee strength less then 10. i want to know if
> it is good to initiate my gc process with the present large company or the company's
> size doesn't
matter.
> Thanks in advance P

Old Mar 20th 2001, 5:15 pm
MapDude

I don't think the size will mater when and how you can get your GC but here is some
advise about working for -10 employees companies.

Sometimes small companies are a pain in the butt, it is very easy to get in trouble
in small companies especially those with 10 people or less. The environment is
totally different from other larger companies, you need to make sure that you will
fit in the new "family", which is difficult sometimes. Things get emotional and
personal often away from professional.

there are more things about management issues too... but I have to go now.

Ned wrote:

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I am currently working for a multinational company with over 5000 employees. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have some good offers from small companies with employee strength less then 10. i[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > want to know if it is good to initiate my gc process with the present large[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > company or the company's size doesn't[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance P[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Mar 20th 2001, 8:29 pm
Tincho

iIf I were you and you don't have compeling reasons to change the company, my
suggestion is to stay with the big company, were your job will probably more stable.
In the oder hand if you are feeling to uncomfortable in this company to be around for
three years or more you should evaluate the possibility to change.

>
here is
    >
    >
    >
in
    >
    >
make
    >
Things
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > It's more important that the company is stable enough to still be around[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > your GC approval which can take 2 years or more from start to finish.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I am currently working for a multinational company with over 5000 employees. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have some good offers from small companies with employee strength less then 10.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > i want to know if it is good to initiate my gc process with the present large[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > company or the company's size doesn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > matter.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks in advance P[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]